Alcohal

btdmcg13

Hi sailing on Sunshine in a few weeks.

Can I bring 12 cans of coke as well as a bottle of wine per person or per stateroom?

I seen on the current sunshine blog that you can do a spirit package for $49 per day. If we are traveling as a couple, can one person buy this and possibly both avail of this? Same as the soda card?

Also, I'm reading about people sneaking alcohal on. Does people actually do this? Do they get caught?

Cheers

Can I bring 12 cans of coke as well as a bottle of wine per person or per stateroom?

I seen on the current sunshine blog that you can do a spirit package for $49 per day. If we are traveling as a couple, can one person buy this and possibly both avail of this? Same as the soda card?

Also, I'm reading about people sneaking alcohal on. Does people actually do this? Do they get caught?

Cheers

You should be fine with the soda.

All adults booked in the same cabin have to buy the alcohol package.

Yes people smuggle. Yes some get caught and some don't. :rolleyes:

You should be fine with the soda.

All adults booked in the same cabin have to buy the alcohol package.

Yes people smuggle. Yes some get caught and some don't. :rolleyes:

So is that $49 per cabin per day then?

Cheers

soda package is the same as the alcohol program. It is per person, only difference is everybody in the cabin does not have to purchase it.

Bill

Cheers

If you are sailing on the sunshine out of Barcelona then the port has a really good duty free shop where you can get your carry on wine.

The price pp is $42.95 plus 15%. The $49.xx includes the gratuity.

I stand corrected, I was thinking Carnival Victory, the ship on which the Cheers Program was first introduced and where the price is $49.95 per person per day, plus a 15% percent gratuity (for a total of $57.45 per person per day).

I need a fact checker and a proofreader. :o

If you are sailing on the sunshine out of Barcelona then the port has a really good duty free shop where you can get your carry on wine.

Mairead, what liquid did you carry on with you in total? And yes we are sailing out of Barcelona :D Any tips on excursions as I see you are only off the same sailing :)

Thanks

Donna

$100 per 2 passengers per day seems a lot for booze doesnt it?

When considering you could be off the ship for up to 8 hours a day!

Depends on how much you drink. That's $50 a person, and drinks are $8-$10 each...so if you drink 5 drinks a day each you break even.

$100 per 2 passengers per day seems a lot for booze doesnt it?

When considering you could be off the ship for up to 8 hours a day!

I probably won't do Cheers for port-intensive itineraries. On our upcoming Dream cruise, we have 3 port days and 3 sea days - will probably try Cheers. I expect to break even or come out ahead only slightly, but will enjoy knowing exactly how much I'll spend on alcohol - and I might be more willing to try something I might not otherwise try.

If it's not cost effective for someone, then they can just purchase drinks as before - there is no downside to Carnival offering the Cheers package (unless they were to increase the price of individual drinks for those not purchasing Cheers).

That shop also has a limited selection of liquor you could also bring on board should you desire.

Archived