Statendam Cat F or E?

tamsocal

Personally, with 696, I would not want to be that far aft. More likely in an active sea that one would experience more pitching. Plus, you may hear footsteps from the Promenade Deck above.

I would take 720 of the two, myself. But, on this class of vessel, I prefer to book a EE or an E.

I've never been on the Statendam, but I have had Cabin 716/718 on the Veendam and Maasdam. Those cabins are my preferred location on any of the ships. From experience, you can definitely hear and feel docking/anchoring, but not much motion unless the seas are really rough. Staying in Cabin 720 would definitely be my choice, especially since the $150 would pay for a nice shore excursion or an indulgent mani/pedi.

I've never been on the Statendam, but I have had Cabin 716/718 on the Veendam and Maasdam. Those cabins are my preferred location on any of the ships. From experience, you can definitely hear and feel docking/anchoring, but not much motion unless the seas are really rough. Staying in Cabin 720 would definitely be my choice, especially since the $150 would pay for a nice shore excursion or an indulgent mani/pedi.

I thought same- not worth the extra $$ to go to the very last cabin on main-- hopefully wont have really rough weather- but we usually sleep well regardless. most of cruise will be in inside passage Alaska.

I will still pay for an upsell to a suite but not for this cabin- actually it is only $80- I forgot the charge was just passengers 1 & 2

Sometimes when we have had aft cabins at the very end we end up with alot of vibrations-- not sure if just luck or on most ships is the same?

Archived