Princess Sailing Out of Houston?

dave_k63

I got an email from Princess today, announcing sailings out of Houston. I tried to book a balcony at the advertised price - and got a " sold out". I tried several other sites and they didn't even list Houston as the departure point for these dates.

The Caribbean Princess does a 4 day RT out of Houston on 11/5/13 then 11/9/13-4/26/14 it will be doing a 7 day RT out of Houston. The 11/5/13 is a special Veterans cruise.

The Caribbean Princess does a 4 day RT out of Houston on 11/5/13 then 11/9/13-4/26/14 it will be doing a 7 day RT out of Houston. The 11/5/13 is a special Veterans cruise.

Thanks Eilleen. I am thinking about the 11/9/13. Wonder how I came up with that Royal Princess cruise. I should read more carefully.

Thanks Eilleen. I am thinking about the 11/9/13. Wonder how I came up with that Royal Princess cruise. I should read more carefully.

I am booked on the 11/9 cruise (and the 11/5 cruise before that). Princess has sailed out of Galveston for the past few years for the western Caribbean. It has decided to move to Houston beginning in the fall. Seems that Houston spent a bundle building a cruise ship terminal on the basis of "build it and they will come" but...they built it and nobody came...Now, a few years later, Houston must have offered some big incentives to get Princess to use its terminal.

As for the 11/9 cruise, there are plenty of balconies available.....

Does the Houston cruise terminal offer easier access for those people flying into Houston? Which airport is closer?

We will be on the repositioning cruise that arrives in Houston on 11/5. It looks like Hobby (HOU) is the closest airport and the one we will fly out from after a couple of days in Houston.

The Houston port is called the Bayport Cruise Terminal and is located in Pasadena, TX. From Hobby airport it's about 30-40 minutes.

Whether you are sailing from Galveston or Houston/Bayport, Hobby (HOU) is the closest airport, although flight selections can be less than Intercontinental (IAH), depending on your origin city.

Note that Bayport hasn't been used in several years (it was last used temporarily when Hurricane Ike shutdown Galveston), so the first few sailings may be a bit rough until they work out any bugs. Shuttles, parking, etc may be a bit disorganized at first.

We'll be sailing from there on 11/23 so hopefully things will be smooth by then...

My DW and I will be on the 11/5 cruise. We live about 20 minutes from the Bay port terminal. Also NCL will start using the Bay Port terminal in 2014.

Sent from my KFTT using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Archived