Does NCL pay for a hotel between b2b's?

jarz85

Hi I'm planning on sailing the Getaway & the Epic in 2014 or 2015. The Getaway sails from Miami on a Saturday and the Epic sails from Miami on a Sunday. I was just wondering if NCL will pay for a hotel for the night between the 2 cruises? I know Royal Caribbean will pay for a hotel room so I may as well check in here if NCL will.

Thanks

Hi I'm planning on sailing the Getaway & the Epic in 2014 or 2015. The Getaway sails from Miami on a Saturday and the Epic sails from Miami on a Sunday. I was just wondering if NCL will pay for a hotel for the night between the 2 cruises? I know Royal Caribbean will pay for a hotel room so I may as well check in here if NCL will.

Thanks

Never heard of Norwegian paying for a hotel in between cruises, and I've done a few back to back cruises.

I bet rccl doesn't pay either well not free it's probably built into there cruise fare

So everyone not doing a b2b is losing out on a night at a hotel? You don't pay more for a b2b.

I don't think it is "built into the fare" so much as that the company has decided the cost is worth the small loss to retain a customer for a second week.

So everyone not doing a b2b is losing out on a night at a hotel? You don't pay more for a b2b.

I don't think it is "built into the fare" so much as that the company has decided the cost is worth the small loss to retain a customer for a second week.

I wouldn't agree with you rccl ncl and other cruise lines are in it to make money they aren't gonna book Paxs in hotel out of the goodness of the hearts without building it into the fare somehow its prolly a package deal ..

Pretty rare that there is a night in between.

Assuming there is some one night cruise in between... I am thinking NCL would just as soon you book that.

In the end, this is not a back to back, but instead 2 totally different cruises. Would they pay if it was a week in between?

Okay - makes no sense to me, but I would at least call.

RCCL will pay for a hotel, one night, between cruises for people cruising consecutively on their ships. They don't offer it as a "package" & the cruise prices are the same as they would be for anyone else cruising in the same cabin category. They don't advertise it but if you ask, they will take care of the hotel. (but remember, the hotel is their choice, not yours)

NCL may do the same if they're asked.............

RCCL will pay for a hotel, one night, between cruises for people cruising consecutively on their ships. They don't offer it as a "package" & the cruise prices are the same as they would be for anyone else cruising in the same cabin category. They don't advertise it but if you ask, they will take care of the hotel. (but remember, the hotel is their choice, not yours)

NCL may do the same if they're asked.............

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know RCCL do indeed pay for the hotel, sure it might not be anything flash but it still saves me money. Maybe it's a "you could sail on any ship tomorrow, but here's a reason to pick ours". I know it's not advertised but I know many frequent RCCL cruisers who have had the free night. I believe it's just not an option in Europe.

I have a really good cruise consultant with NCL so when I'm ready to book I will just call her. I think the Getaway/Epic b2b combo would be amazing.. Especially considering the Epic will only be doing the western Carib and the Getaway will be doing the eastern!

Pretty rare that there is a night in between.

Assuming there is some one night cruise in between... I am thinking NCL would just as soon you book that.

In the end, this is not a back to back, but instead 2 totally different cruises. Would they pay if it was a week in between?

Okay - makes no sense to me, but I would at least call.

I think you've misunderstood. They're not booking a true B2B. They're booking a cruise on 2 different ships, one departs on Saturdays, the other on Sunday. It's not the same ship.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know RCCL do indeed pay for the hotel, sure it might not be anything flash but it still saves me money. Maybe it's a "you could sail on any ship tomorrow, but here's a reason to pick ours". I know it's not advertised but I know many frequent RCCL cruisers who have had the free night. I believe it's just not an option in Europe.

I have a really good cruise consultant with NCL so when I'm ready to book I will just call her. I think the Getaway/Epic b2b combo would be amazing.. Especially considering the Epic will only be doing the western Carib and the Getaway will be doing the eastern!

I seem to recall a recent thread on the Royal Caribbean board discussing that they have discontinued paying for the hotel room.

I seem to recall a recent thread on the Royal Caribbean board discussing that they have discontinued paying for the hotel room.

That's odd, I guess you just need to 'push it' with the sales rep. My friend from Dallas just booked 3 cruises, one departing Saturday and the other 2 departing on a Sunday and he has been given a hotel room for the night in between. Maybe they charged him for it and he just didn't realise :D

Thanks

FYI - I just read on the RCL board that RCL no longer will pay for a hotel room between cruises.

FYI - I just read on the RCL board that RCL no longer will pay for a hotel room between cruises.

RCI HAS discontinued paying for a hotel room between 2 different cruises.:( It's been that way quite a while now.

We were going to do that about a year ago and they weren't doing it then, so we booked a B2B instead. :) Same ship, same cabin, no problem.

Sorry to disappointment many. I'm quite sure that NCL has the same policy in effect.

Safe travels.:)

NCL had featured a promotion that included a free night's hotel stay either the night before or the night after a cruise. We did that once. But I haven't seen that promotion in a long time.

It's usually in Europe only, and before the cruise.

Archived