Martini Tasting List...

nhquilter1

My husband and I did a martini tasting on our last cruise and I thought I had saved the paper saying what kinds of martinis we had, but I didn't.

Does anyone have a list? We want to recreate it for friends but don't remember all of them (they were THAT good!).

TIA,

Lisa

We did it on the Jewel in March... we definitely had one that was sour apple, one that was chocolate raspberry, one that was "traditional" with two olives, but I can't remember the other...I feel like it had melon, but don't quote me.

I"ve done the martini tasting 3 times. Twice on the same cruise. All of them were different. I think that it is just up to the bartender what he wants to create that day. I don't think that there is a certain set list.

Each bartender has their own variations on the recipes. we have made a SERIOUS study of the Martinis on offer (many Martini tastings + evenings) and have several different recipes for ostensibly the same Martini.

Half the fun is trying to reproduce them when you get home. :D

Remember

3 parts alcohol to 1 part mixer = Martini

1 part alcohol to 3 parts mixer = cocktail

Hi,

They have a "usual" routine for the martinis... But all is in the hands of your bartender. We had the chance to meet Jim on the Gem in March and we had 4 tastings during the cruise.

If bar manager is there for the tasting, then you get the 4 drinks you paid for BUT if your bartender is not with the boss... Then you might get 5 during the tasting.

The last 2 tasting he had planned some creamy martinis and since he knew my girlfriend and an other woman there were not liking these, he changed the drinks and made something everyone enjoyed.

TIP: SHARE the tasting..... ( Except for the first one where there is a lot of people, small size and made very fast ) You pay one 15$, get 4 or 5 full size drink that you can share..... These drinks are STRONG, 5 of them in 40 minutes WILL knock you out... Just leave a good tip !

Have fun !!

My husband and I did a martini tasting on our last cruise and I thought I had saved the paper saying what kinds of martinis we had, but I didn't.

Does anyone have a list? We want to recreate it for friends but don't remember all of them (they were THAT good!).

TIA,

Lisa

I think I can help out here. We did 2 sessions of the Martini tasting last October on the Dawn .... we had so much fun !

At the end of each session "Ruffo" gave us his list and his recipes for all

of the differnet Martini's that we had tasted . If you were to send me your email address.. I could send them along.:D Send it to desertdwellerjjat yahoodotcom.

Archived