Renaissance Fort Lauderdale

scoruntt

Hi:) Renaissance is in an excellent location on 17th Street. You are near many restaurants.

There are lots of threads on here about places to eat:D

This hotel is in a shopping area called "QUAY" and you are in within walking

distance of at least 1/2 dozen places to eat. Bravo is across the parking lot and

I love it there. It is Italian. Great food, good service, fun atmosphere. I have

eaten there 3 times.

In the same parking lot is Bimini Boat Yard. Seafood that many people recommend, though I have not tried it.

Across the street and a bit down is Carlos and Pepes. Excellent Mexican

food. They have been in the area for more than 25 years. I love it there as well.

There is an Outback steakhouse around the corner (still within walking distance).

You can also take the water taxi over to Las Olas Blvd and try one of the MANY restaurants over there.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Oh, as to your hotel. I have not stayed there but I did have breakfast there once.....it was lovely. And I know many people who have stayed at the hotel and it is really nice!

We enjoyed our precruise stay there this past November. Definitely many places to walk to for dinner, the nearby water taxi, or across the bridge to the observation area at the Hyatt. If I recall, hubby ran over to Einstein Bagels the next morning to bring us breakfast - the next block over - and I think a Walgreen's across the street. :)

Beautiful hotel with a great staff. You are about a five minute walk to the water taxi (you can ride all day for $5 per person) which can take you to areas with hundreds of restaurants. You will not go hungry for lack of choices that's for sure. If there are only two people in your party talk to the concierge about taking the shuttle to the port. We had three people and a cab was cheaper, but for two people it would be worth it.

A taxi for 4 with luggage would be a little cramped, unless you request a taxi/van.

We stayed at the Renaissance last Feb. and took the shuttle, but I guess they have discontinued it? Looking back, I would have rather taken a taxi, even if it was a little more expensive. The van was so packed you could not move. Very uncomfortable.

Good Morning!

Just got back yesterday from a 5 day 4 night stay at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale. Very nice hotel in a good location. We paid $51 per night through priceline. Upon arrival, priceline was never mentioned and we were given a non-smoking (we requested) room with king bed on the 9th floor. Very nice view from up there. Room was ideal. It was clean, and had hairdryer, plenty of towels, toiletries, there is a ironing board and iron, room safe, min-fridge (VERY EXPENSIVE), 2-line telephone, alarm clock/radio, tv w/cable and comfortable chairs. We took a taxi from/to airport. The fare on the meter was $9.00 and $10.00. Had to go a little further on the return trip to Terminal 3. While at the hotel, we rented a car from Budget, which is right next door to the hotel. Saved on the airport taxes by renting here and also just parked the car at night in the area of the Budget rentals which was right up front of parking lot and saved paying the $14 per night hotel parking or $18 for hotel valet parking. You would walk farther to self park garage then I did to my rental car. As for restuarants close to hotel. As Lois R stated, Bravo's is real close and we enjoyed it. We also ate at Carlos & Pepes and it was very reasonable (around $30 for 2). Very good food at both. Up by the Embassy Suites is the Outback Steakhouse and Cafe Del Rio. (Tex-Mex with 2 for 1 Margarita special). Behind the Embassy Suites is a new shopping plaza with a Publix Supermarket and a couple of sandwich places and new stores opening soon. We also looked around the Marriott Marina hotel and it is lovely. Nice area behind hotel to sit and relax, also the pool area and the marina. We took the water bus (taxi) from here for $5 for the all-day pass. Like dosi said, it goes to MANY restaurants and the ride is very scenic and well worth giving it a try. Especially at night as alot of homes are lit up. It runs from 10:00am - 11:30pm; Went to Sawgrass Mills Shopping area and it is massive. But it is aways from hotel. Too expensive to take taxi to. Went to the beach (Fort Lauderdale and to Hollywood Beach boardwalk). Both are clean and we enjoyed them. There are no stores or shops inside the Renaissance hotel. For soda, water, candy etc., Walgreen's is right across the street. or just a short walk to the Supermarket (Publix). Hope some of this info will assist you.

DH and I are about to bid on Priceline and expect to get the Renaissance (3*, downtown, correct?).

Do I understand that the Renaissance does NOT have shuttles any longer? So we would expect to be taking taxi's from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal? With so many hotels having free shuttles we're trying to put in a reasonable bid factoring in the cost of the taxi's.

Thanks for the information so far and any additional you can provide, its greatly appreciated!

Gail

Archived