Photo Tour of the Breakaway - May 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! They're absolutely fantastic! I'd love for you to share your photos and experiences of the Ice Bar if you have any. Did you also get to catch the fireworks?

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! They're absolutely fantastic! I'd love for you to share your photos and experiences of the Ice Bar if you have any. Did you also get to catch the fireworks?

Thank you.

We passed on the Ice Bar. I am sure it was fun and certainly looked popular.

The fireworks were great... hundreds of shells. Not Grucci level, but certainly amazing for a shipboard display.

Get to Spice around 10:30 for a good spot; it will be as crowded as it ever gets during the cruise. The 80's Party kicks off around 10:45 and the display is about a half-hour after it starts, if I recall correctly. The fireworks are set off from the port side, just forward of Spice.

How is the dress code for the Manhattan Room? Would you say it was super dressy like suits and fancy dress or not so much?

Thank you so much for this look at the ship! I really appreciate the pictures! They make me so happy to see, can't wait till Aug!!!

How is the dress code for the Manhattan Room? Would you say it was super dressy like suits and fancy dress or not so much?

Thank you so much for this look at the ship! I really appreciate the pictures! They make me so happy to see, can't wait till Aug!!!

Not at all. It has the same standards as all "main" Main Dining rooms.

Resort casual... no shorts or t-shirts.

Some folks do dress up, but it is not mandatory.

I wear a button-shirt or nice 'golf' style short sleeve, with some dress slacks and feel very comfortable.

I Was Wondering Do The Gym/Spa, Have FREE Steamroom & Sauna??

Do You Know How Much Is It For A 1 Day Spa Pass??

What Is Included In The Price For A Spa Pass???

Thanks Once Again!!!!

I Was Wondering Do The Gym/Spa, Have FREE Steamroom & Sauna??

Do You Know How Much Is It For A 1 Day Spa Pass??

What Is Included In The Price For A Spa Pass???

Thanks Once Again!!!!

No free sauna and steam, like the Sun or the Spirit. Like other ships with a "Thermal Suite," they are part of the Spa pass access.

A one-day pass was $39, I believe.

The Spa Pass entitles unlimited access to the Thermal Suite (pool. steam, sauna, salt room, thermal tile loungers and showers/dressing rooms)

...found a few more interesting tidbits to add to this thread.

...A few more new features.

At every elevator station is a comprehensive sign that indicates, both by deck number and category, the location of all the ship's venues...in case you have forgotten.

8771828147_697b828a8c_b.jpg

This is very cool and new...

On every cabin deck, and in various locations all around the ship, there are large vertical touch screens on the wall.

Interactive...with many, many features, including the ability to make reservations on the spot...or find your way home...or to any venue on the ship.

8771828279_a1387b195a_b.jpg

Let's say you are looking to see where to eat tonite... bring up the main menu with a touch.

8778390760_6c8c7a63d7_b.jpg

...and see all the free dining venues with the real-time occupancy status that we are used to on the old screens... but this one will also give directions.

8778390874_f7476fc8d2_b.jpg

...or, bring up the Specialty restaurants and make a reservation on the spot...pick your time and you are good to go.

8778390720_581bacdf73_b.jpg

Or, after a night of partying, you are "slightly" disoriented?

Use the cabin finder to map your way home.

8778390880_2196c6be2e_b.jpg

...with turn-by-turn directions.

8778390794_c785f10281_b.jpg

Not "disoriented" enough yet? Then, use the locator to find the nearest bar or lounge.

8778390790_4dd4646686_b.jpg

...and get walking ( or crawling) directions.

8778390722_d276df608a_b.jpg

Gang, this is cool... and a great use of the technology.

Thank you.

We passed on the Ice Bar. I am sure it was fun and certainly looked popular.

The fireworks were great... hundreds of shells. Not Grucci level, but certainly amazing for a shipboard display.

Get to Spice around 10:30 for a good spot; it will be as crowded as it ever gets during the cruise. The 80's Party kicks off around 10:45 and the display is about a half-hour after it starts, if I recall correctly. The fireworks are set off from the port side, just forward of Spice.

Thank you for the tips on viewing of the fireworks. Looking forward to reading more of your trip/port reviews!

Or, after a night of partying, you are "slightly" disoriented?

Use the cabin finder to map your way home.

8778390880_2196c6be2e_b.jpg

...with turn-by-turn directions.

8778390794_c785f10281_b.jpg

Not "disoriented" enough yet? Then, use the locator to find the nearest bar or lounge.

8778390790_4dd4646686_b.jpg

...and get walking ( or crawling) directions.

8778390722_d276df608a_b.jpg

Gang, this is cool... and a great use of the technology.

LOL:) Great way to keep the party going!

Still higher to go...as we climb to Deck 17

The Upper Freestyle Sundeck, now just named "Sundeck".. but I believe it is still true to the 'Freestyle' spirit. (...ahem.)

Hmmm, soft bed type lounges in the adults freestyle area..... Could make for some interesting times.

I have been wanting to sail on Breakaway - Now I will have to book, your pictures are fabulous. I see so many things like the Epic and I loved that cruise. Thank you for the pictures!!

Wow. Thank you so much. You are fantastic with the camera. I appreciate your humor too.

I agree with the person who said this. You are just like you talk; I had followed several of your pictorials and reviews in the past and that's why I felt like I had known you for years when we met on the March cruise.

I even got a camera with a 20time zoom but my pictures aren't the same - duh?

Fabulous pictures and comments.

Catherine

Fantastic pictures and a wealth of information...Thank you so so much! Really appreciate all the time and trouble you put in, to enlighten us all. We were thinking "maybe" a cruise onboard the Breakaway, now we'll defintely book one for our next cruise, well after the Oct. cruise!

Neverthought:)

Archived