Simple Bon Voyage Mixed Drinks?

drolltroll

Anyone have any suggestions on tasty mixed drinks and how to make them in your stateroom? I guess it should not contain over 2 liquors since that is all you can order from bon voyage.

I may end up doing the crown and sprite thing again but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions I could try since I will be ordering from bon voyage. I wanted to do some long islands but I guess that is out.

What do you guys use for mixers and liquors. (not over two types of liquor please)

From another thread I learned that you can order more than two bottles for BV, just not on the same order. Maybe wait a day and order another two bottles?

We have ordered Vodka and Rum and then brought on board cans of guava juice for the rum (sooo good!) and cranberry/pomegranate juice in little bottles for the vodka. Then, we order room service bfast everyday with extra juice and save it in the empty cran/pom bottles and store them on ice.

Have a great cruise!

We ordered 2 Cap'n Morgans and then a couple weeks later another Morgan and a vodka. Bringing on Cokes and will order extra juice from room service every morning and bring some back from the buffet area.

BUY THESE they are GREAT!

I mix about 6 packets into the LARGE water in the stateroom and make my own POMEGRANATE/CRANBERRY juice and buy the BonVoyage VODKA..

They are lighter to carry and its taste just fine

jpg.gif

4cpacks.jpg.b70adc67155f2fc4865edf776959c5d4.jpg

BUY THESE they are GREAT!

I mix about 6 packets into the LARGE water in the stateroom and make my own POMEGRANATE/CRANBERRY juice and buy the BonVoyage VODKA..

They are lighter to carry and its taste just fine

jpg.gif

How you mixing the juice and alcohol, about 50/50? Are you mixing 3 packets of POM and 3 of cranberry in each bottle or you mean 6 of the cranberry style for one type of drink or 6 of the POM for a different tasting drink? Sorry, I am not clear on your mixer???

Thanks for the other tips too guys.

Anyone have any suggestions on tasty mixed drinks and how to make them in your stateroom? I guess it should not contain over 2 liquors since that is all you can order from bon voyage.

I may end up doing the crown and sprite thing again but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions I could try since I will be ordering from bon voyage. I wanted to do some long islands but I guess that is out.

What do you guys use for mixers and liquors. (not over two types of liquor please)

My first thoughts are to get mad at a troll :) kidding

We love the morning juice (guava ,mango,passion friut ) with alittle vodka or rum

We save some to drink throughout the day

What do you like to drink?

Mailbu (coconut rum). With pineapple juice. Very tropical

Captain Morgan's spiced rum and coke with lime

Seagrams 7 and 7up/sprite (7 and 7)

Vodka and Kahlua with some milk or cream would make a White Russian and you can use the vodka for other mixed drinks and the Kahlua in am coffee

So got Vodka. Can I bring aboard olives and hot sauce and other bloody mary stuff. So I buy Vodka and have to smuggle aboard worcestershire sauce. :D Anyone seen a bloody mary powder mix?

Rum Punch

This makes a fairly sweet rum punch.

Can of Dole Pineapple Juice (I brought two 46 ounce cans... Bring less if you want to mix with other juices from the buffet or room service)

Can opener ;)

Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch "Singles to go" (Only $1 a box at Walmart).

In a tall beer glass, fill 1/2 to 3/4 ice, pour in half of the packet of fruit punch, 1-2 oz of rum to taste, top off with pineapple juice and stir. Be careful that the powdered punch mix is very red and will stain clothing.

I find mixing with OJ is too overpowering and tart. Haven't tried mixing with other juices. I prefer pineapple juice. I used to have pineapple and vodka but this rum punch is now my fav.

How do you get around having to keep going back to the room to refill your drinks? Or do you carry a cooler around with you or something?

My wife wanted to do Bon Voyage but we don't want to keep going back to the room for refills.

Does anyone know if they will allow you to bring mixers on board like sour mix in your carry on bags.

our last cruise we ordered tequila and Malibu rum from bon voyage.

I carried on a large bottle of Margaritaville margarita mixer and a six pack of small cans of pineapple juice.

I also had my bon voyage receipt in the bag in case of an questions. But they didn't ask.

Our afternoon treat was ice cream from lido, malibu rum and pineapple juice, yummy pina coladas!!!

And of course rum and diet coke is always the best!!!!

Everyone is mentioning taking aboard mixers, such as a large bottle of margarita mix... How is this done? Do you take a large bottle in place of some of your 12/bottle a person allotment? Anyone have any experience taking on a twelve pack AND a mixer bottle and if they allow it?

So got Vodka. Can I bring aboard olives and hot sauce and other bloody mary stuff. So I buy Vodka and have to smuggle aboard worcestershire sauce. :D Anyone seen a bloody mary powder mix?

I brought a large bottle of Zing-Zang Bloody Mary Mix (needs to be refrigerated after opening) and nobody said a word.

Everyone is mentioning taking aboard mixers, such as a large bottle of margarita mix... How is this done? Do you take a large bottle in place of some of your 12/bottle a person allotment? Anyone have any experience taking on a twelve pack AND a mixer bottle and if they allow it?

We had a rolling tote bag.

2 bottles of wine, margarita mix, pineapple juice, and 6 pack caffeine free diet coke. They just looked in the tote and told us to go on!

I did have my bon voyage receipt showing what I had purchased in case they questioned me.

We had a rolling tote bag.

2 bottles of wine, margarita mix, pineapple juice, and 6 pack caffeine free diet coke. They just looked in the tote and told us to go on!

I did have my bon voyage receipt showing what I had purchased in case they questioned me.

Ok so let me make sure i understand this...lol....new to all this. I can actually purchase alcohol from someplace called BON VOYAGE and use it in my stateroom, and I am also able to bring on board mixers (I drink Mojitos, mixers in bottles) and juices to in my carryon? And Carnival allows this? Or is this the case of what they don't know won't hurt them?

Archived