Simple Bon Voyage Mixed Drinks?

drolltroll

Ok so let me make sure i understand this...lol....new to all this. I can actually purchase alcohol from someplace called BON VOYAGE and use it in my stateroom, and I am also able to bring on board mixers (I drink Mojitos, mixers in bottles) and juices to in my carryon? And Carnival allows this? Or is this the case of what they don't know won't hurt them?

Through the BON VOYAGE on-line store on Carnival you can buy alcohol that is delivered to your room. Its not cheap, but its better than nothing. Last I heard, the official Carnival policy said you can bring one bottle of wine and up to 12 20oz bottles of non-alcoholic beverages in your carry-on, per person. Other sizes and amounts are a bit of an unknown.

Your room will have a mini refrigerator stocked with min-bar type stuff that you can buy for expensive prices, but what you can do is take that stuff out and put in your stuff, as long as you put is all back at the end of the cruise.

What you DON't want to bring is any mixers that even LOOK like they contain alcohol. They won't let those on.

Ok so let me make sure i understand this...lol....new to all this. I can actually purchase alcohol from someplace called BON VOYAGE and use it in my stateroom, and I am also able to bring on board mixers (I drink Mojitos, mixers in bottles) and juices to in my carryon? And Carnival allows this? Or is this the case of what they don't know won't hurt them?

Here you go :)

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/beverages/liquor

The prices are expensive but still cheaper than buying each drink from the bar.

You are also allowed a 12 pack of soda or mixers per person to carry on with you and a bottle of wine each(750ML size)

Or if you really want to save some money you can try using rum runners (google the name).Some get through and they catch some

To the no rum runner people -Save your breath !!!

How do you get around having to keep going back to the room to refill your drinks? Or do you carry a cooler around with you or something?

My wife wanted to do Bon Voyage but we don't want to keep going back to the room for refills.

Just bring a double walled reusable cups, they are very large and stay cool because they are double lined plastic, and the usually come with a straw. Another option is a coffee thermos and fill it with your drink. Obviously you will have to venture back to your room at some point to refill

Just bring a double walled reusable cups, they are very large and stay cool because they are double lined plastic, and the usually come with a straw. Another option is a coffee thermos and fill it with your drink. Obviously you will have to venture back to your room at some point to refill

Thats what we do too.We use big sports bottles and also I get up and grab some extra glasses from the Lido bar and when we go gamble or whatever we just leave the glass when we are done

How you mixing the juice and alcohol, about 50/50? Are you mixing 3 packets of POM and 3 of cranberry in each bottle or you mean 6 of the cranberry style for one type of drink or 6 of the POM for a different tasting drink? Sorry, I am not clear on your mixer???

Thanks for the other tips too guys.

I mixed the 6 of the packets in the bottle of water to make the juice separate. Just a good as a bottle of Cranberry juice. Then just made the drinks like a regular Vodka & Cranberry. They didn't have LIMES at the Buffet, but they do have LEMONS if you did want to add something.

for us Canadian who love our bloody ceasars you can get powder ceasar pleaser mix from wild west dot com.. It is just as good as Clamato juice. I just bring a one litre empty plastic mix bottle from the $ store. Mix it up, give a dash of taboasco and worchester,, and some limes from the bar.

Last cruise I brought a large bottle of mrs T mix, raspberry daquari mix. soda and other assorted mix and had no problems and our 2 bottles of wine. Every port stop i just picked up more mixes as needed and brought on board with us.

the issue we have is hubby loves black russians - vodka and kalhua and i like gin. the two bottle limite is not good but what we are going to do is order through Bon voyage the black russian bottles and try ordering a couple of weeks later.. This time we have our son coming with us in our room and he wants rum. LOL

If this does not work we will just order through room service.

for us Canadian who love our bloody ceasars you can get powder ceasar pleaser mix from wild west dot com.. It is just as good as Clamato juice. I just bring a one litre empty plastic mix bottle from the $ store. Mix it up, give a dash of taboasco and worchester,, and some limes from the bar.

Last cruise I brought a large bottle of mrs T mix, raspberry daquari mix. soda and other assorted mix and had no problems and our 2 bottles of wine. Every port stop i just picked up more mixes as needed and brought on board with us.

the issue we have is hubby loves black russians - vodka and kalhua and i like gin. the two bottle limite is not good but what we are going to do is order through Bon voyage the black russian bottles and try ordering a couple of weeks later.. This time we have our son coming with us in our room and he wants rum. LOL

If this does not work we will just order through room service.

I love clamato juice!!!

I dont want to give away every secret I know but when you pick up mixers in port you can also pick up vodka,Kahlua or some rum.Be creative ;)

I saw Demitri's Bloody Mary Seasoning mentioned. Perfect for me. Vodka delivered to the room, V8 taken on board and Demitri's. It comes in an 8oz bottle. Is it better too carry on or pack in baggage?

• 3 weeks later...

I bring Crystal Light tea and Crystal Light Lemonade and mix them with Vodka. It makes a wonderful (zero carb-no sugar) Arnold Palmer (some call it a John Daly!!)

We also use Crystal Light Fruit Punch and mix it with Rum. Makes a tasty tropical drink!

Hi Stacy1426!

Do you mix the drink mixes with bottled water that you bring on board? I think in gonna give that a try. Easy packing for sure! And even if you bought the water on the ship that is still a great deal and not have to carry around all that water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bring Crystal Light tea and Crystal Light Lemonade and mix them with Vodka. It makes a wonderful (zero carb-no sugar) Arnold Palmer (some call it a John Daly!!)

We also use Crystal Light Fruit Punch and mix it with Rum. Makes a tasty tropical drink!

Vodka has a little sugar too :)

Hi Stacy1426!

Do you mix the drink mixes with bottled water that you bring on board? I think in gonna give that a try. Easy packing for sure! And even if you bought the water on the ship that is still a great deal and not have to carry around all that water!

Yes, I mix it with bottled water. You can either mix it one drink at a time using the flavored water bottles or make a pitcher (I bring a container with a lid that I use to mix everything).

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Hi Stacy1426!

Yes, I mix it with bottled water. You can either mix it one drink at a time using the flavored water bottles or make a pitcher (I bring a container with a lid that I use to mix everything).

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone 5.

I love mimosas but they don't offer champagne on the wine and beer package. However they do offer sparkling wines. Is that the same? Just not that familiar with those.

Specifically, Champagne is from a specific region in France. Anything else, is called sparkling wine. Chances are you've had it and not realized it. :cool:

where do ya'll find mixers that meet the 20 oz of less restriction? I had the large bottles and they were a "NO GO".

What are you looking for ? We bring cans of soda since we don't drink much soda anymore unless on vacation ,but they sell canned fruit juices and V8

Oh ok! Never knew that! Any idea what the difference is between Brut and extra dry? I know I prefer the extra dry so which one is sparkling wine closest to?

Brut and extra dry relate to the amount of residual sugar left in a sparkling wine or Champagne. Though it might not sound right, Brut is actually drier than extra dry, so extra dry has a little bit more residual sugar. Brut is the most popular among all sparkling wines, including champagne.

As far as mimosas go..and sparkling wine will do. In fact, it would be a waste of a fine champagne to mix it with orange juice, so IMO, its better to use inexpensive sparkling wines.

As for me, the only mixer I need is Tonic water with a twist of lime. Its Cold Gin time again :)

Since I'm the only one out of the 4 of us sailing who really likes wine, I'm thinking of mixing it with ginger ale for quickie sailaway spritzers for the 3 out of the 4 of us who will drink it. Cruiser number 4 can drink the ginger ale straight.

I know this is near blasphemy, but I have been known to mix bourbon with diet ginger ale.

I mixed the 6 of the packets in the bottle of water to make the juice separate. Just a good as a bottle of Cranberry juice. Then just made the drinks like a regular Vodka & Cranberry. They didn't have LIMES at the Buffet, but they do have LEMONS if you did want to add something.

You can get limes from the bartender at any bar onboard.

Archived