Taking water or sodas on carnival cruise ships

Co69

I've heard that your allowed to bring water by the case onto the ships. Is this true? And how much is allowed? Was wanting to bring bottled water on board with me but wasn't sure how to go about this or what rules may be I'm place for doing so. Also what about sodas? Thanks in advance

We took a 12 pack of Coke with us last time in a carryon bag and plan to bring pop and water this time. We don't drink a lot of pop, but it's nice to have it available. And yes, 12 cans/bottles per person.

I have always brought on the 12 sodas as per the limit and additional water bottles too. They didn't care about the additional water bottles other than to shake them to make sure it was not a clear alcohol like vodka.

I have always brought on the 12 sodas as per the limit and additional water bottles too. They didn't care about the additional water bottles other than to shake them to make sure it was not a clear alcohol like vodka.

How recently as anyone sailed Carnival and taken sodas or water onboard? Saw this article: "days of toting cases of bottled water onboard Carnival Cruise Line ships are over. The company recently changed its beverage policy. It now states that passengers are no longer able to take non-alcoholic beverages onboard Carnival vessels, including water" but no idea when that article was written. Ask Carnival and they say a few cans of soda. I have a rolling cooler, ~12" per the cooler rule and I'm hoping I can put several cans and water bottles in it, then pick up more in Nassau the next day. I like knowing for sure, like a 12 can rule. We prefer diet sodas other than diet coke. Thanks for your help!

How recently as anyone sailed Carnival and taken sodas or water onboard? Saw this article: "days of toting cases of bottled water onboard Carnival Cruise Line ships are over. The company recently changed its beverage policy. It now states that passengers are no longer able to take non-alcoholic beverages onboard Carnival vessels, including water" but no idea when that article was written. Ask Carnival and they say a few cans of soda. I have a rolling cooler, ~12" per the cooler rule and I'm hoping I can put several cans and water bottles in it, then pick up more in Nassau the next day. I like knowing for sure, like a 12 can rule. We prefer diet sodas other than diet coke. Thanks for your help!

The cooler might not fly.

From the website

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Ports-of-Call:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Gift Shops On Board:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Drinking Alcohol On Board:

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone.

I've heard that your allowed to bring water by the case onto the ships. Is this true? And how much is allowed? Was wanting to bring bottled water on board with me but wasn't sure how to go about this or what rules may be I'm place for doing so. Also what about sodas? Thanks in advance

DH and I are taking a case of water, so that we can put 6 bottles in my carry-on and 6 bottles in his carry-on. We are not taking soda as we will purchase the soda plan instead. I am not going to be lugging a lot of stuff around. Remember you cannot check water or soda you have to carry it on.

DH and I are taking a case of water, so that we can put 6 bottles in my carry-on and 6 bottles in his carry-on. We are not taking soda as we will purchase the soda plan instead. I am not going to be lugging a lot of stuff around. Remember you cannot check water or soda you have to carry it on.

If you don't want to be lugging stuff around, don't even bring the water. The ship has water on board already.

on and we sailed May 11, 2013

Last October on the LEGEND, we took 24 bottles of Coke and Coke Zero. I didn't want to lug them through embarkation, so I put them in a big (and heavy!) duffel bag.

That bag didn't show up in our cabin until after dinner. The cokes were still in it, but it also had a note, something to the effect of "We had to look in your bag because we thought it had something suspicious in it."

Ironically, that duffel bag was about the only one of our bags that didn't have booze stashed in it, and all the booze bags got through just fine. :D

If you don't want to be lugging stuff around, don't even bring the water. The ship has water on board already.

The ship does indeed have decent water for drinking. But when I get off the ship in Mexico I like to have my own water and not spend 4 dollars for something I can get for a few cents at Costco :D

Taking bottled water on board is no problem, we took tonic water and lemonade[4 bottles, litres] BUT remember that the cold water in your cabin IS SAFE TO DRINK. Nobody seems to want you to know that but our cabin steward told us. ;) Happy Cruising!

I bring a filter water bottle that I can fill from the bathroom sinks or lido deck. We also bring a Britta water pitcher if my parents travel with me. I never drink carbonated drinks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

March Cruise on Glory, from Miami, we had no issue with a sealed 12pack of soda which they opened and checked each can, plus the waters. We had it in a rolliong backpack. For Nassau just wanted to help if you didn't know already their is a grocery close to ship. As exit ship and are on street parallel to water (I think it is called Woods Rogers Walk)turn right, and it will be on corner of Frederick and the road parallel to water. The entrance is on Frederick and directly across from the Tortuga Rum Cake shop.

p.s. FYI we thought we'd try a can of BahamasGoombay Punch as read a lot about it, I thought it would be red...it was yellow like Mt.Dew and more like a Red Bull taste. We also looked and they did not carry caffeine free diet coke for those looking. They also have cases of purified water for sale.

Thanks to everyone who responded and for responding so quickly. We leave next Saturday. I have a small cooler about 12" and will put sodas and some bottled water for snorkeling. The cooler can be separated from the handle and wheels so the cooler itself is small enough and worse case, I can carry the wheeled part separately thru boarding. I like the idea of having a cooler at the beach and this one expands up like a laundry bag at the top to store towels or other gear in.

The ship does indeed have decent water for drinking. But when I get off the ship in Mexico I like to have my own water and not spend 4 dollars for something I can get for a few cents at Costco :D

So get a sports bottle and fill it with water before you get off the ship, BTW, bottled water you buy in ports is the same price or cheaper than bottled water you buy at home.

The sports bottle is better for the environment too.

So get a sports bottle and fill it with water before you get off the ship, BTW, bottled water you buy in ports is the same price or cheaper than bottled water you buy at home.

The sports bottle is better for the environment too.

I'm on vacation, its easier for me to have my bottled water.

Last October on the LEGEND, we took 24 bottles of Coke and Coke Zero. I didn't want to lug them through embarkation, so I put them in a big (and heavy!) duffel bag.

That bag didn't show up in our cabin until after dinner. The cokes were still in it, but it also had a note, something to the effect of "We had to look in your bag because we thought it had something suspicious in it."

Ironically, that duffel bag was about the only one of our bags that didn't have booze stashed in it, and all the booze bags got through just fine. :D

Cute to have your sign and sail cards in your sig!

Archived