Which HMC Cabana for me?

kcellup

The DW and I are going on our first Carnival cruise in June, we have never been to HMC but have heard wonderful things, so we splurged and got a cabana just for the two of us. We want to be far away from the major crowds, but close enough to bars for speedy drink service (not too close, DW is worried some drunk idiot will stumble into our cabana, lol). What would you suggest would be a good number/color to fit our criteria?

Typhoon1 will come along with your answer shortly...:D;)

While you are waiting, if you look down the board, you will find 2 or 3 huge threads about HMC, and the cabanas in particular. On those threads are lists of cabana locations, pics, and many answers to your questions.

Here are a couple of the threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1002175

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843424

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787239

We had #9 a few years ago. I would certainly recommend a number from 7 to 10. It will keep you close to the Pirate Ship Bare, restrooms and the food, and probably the mass of people. We were first tender off and for the first 1 1/2 it was like we truely had pur private area. People eventually wondered up the beach at the area just off the tender gets busier.

Typhoon1 will come along with your answer shortly...:D;)

While you are waiting, if you look down the board, you will find 2 or 3 huge threads about HMC, and the cabanas in particular. On those threads are lists of cabana locations, pics, and many answers to your questions.

I thought you might have filled in until my arrival, Bruce.

If I had a nickel for every time I have mentioned this, I would be rich.

Any Cabana is better than no cabana at all.

Last year I rented Cabana #12. I loved the location. Close to the rest rooms and food area. Far enough away from the crowd. The drink service was somewhat slow but The bar was close enough to be walkable.

I would definately book #12 again in a heartbeat.

Definately true but if I had a choice, the higher the # the better. ;)

It's really up to the individual. For example, someone with mobility problems would prefer the lower numbers as they are closer to the dock and food pavilion.

We had #6 purple in April and loved the location. The crowds weren't as bad as up near the first few cabanas and didn't seem to dwindle at all under near the last couple. The only thing we didn't like was that because it was right next to a monstrosity (villa) many people pulled their chairs up between the cabana and villa for shade instead of finding shade under a tree. It was like an intrusion - would have rather had people come up and use our shower, at least they would've left :rolleyes: But we were close to the pirate bar, close to the washrooms and not too far from the BBQ buffet. Next time I think I would try for #7 only because of the shade factor between #6 and the villa. I didn't notice people crowding up between any other cabanas.

Archived