Is Our Flight Too Early?

adatappstate

IMO, the 10:45 AM flight is too early. The earliest flight we've caught was 10:55 AM and believe me, we got the lead out to get to the airport early. I think we were lucky in the way it worked out for us. We ended up having a 90 min. wait at their airport because we got there so early! But, about 15 mins. after us, the security line in FLL was massive. It would've really added a lot of time onto our wait and would've really stressed us out. If just one factor didn't go perfectly, we would've been caught behind all those other people in line.

The 2:15 flight is better, IMO. You don't have to rush the last day, you can be one of the last off the ship and by then, hopefully the airport won't be such a zoo. Well, you can always hope. :D

The 2:15pm flight sounds like a good solution. It really does make the vacation end less stressful if you don't have to race off the ship to catch a plane. Much better to relax, have breakfast, and walk off at your leisure. Generally, the worst of the crowds are gone from airports (this is a generalization) by 11AM, so you should be fine.

Living:

I am getting excited. We just decided last weekend that we would book this cruise. I have never sailed Princess before, so I am anxious. Still trying to decide what we will do while in port.

Have you been on this ship before?

Nope, we have not had the pleasure of being aboard this vessel - I have been on one of her sister ships and absolutely LOVED it. Of course everything (just about) that I read sounds amazing...we are just excited about the days at sea as we are the ports. Our style is relaxing as much as possible -

What seating at dinner are you signed up for?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had trouble with the FLL airport, in particular. It seems extra wild, crowded and delayed on 'cruise days'.

MIA always goes much smoother. I wouldn't risk it at FLL, that's for sure. If you missed your flight, you might be sitting there until the 6PM flight, with no shore excursion to amuse you. Also, on our last trip, they wouldn't let you even check your bags until 2 hours before the flight, and there were people sitting all around the terminal in front of the check in area, with their bags; it looked like the Russian gulag or something.

Forget about the flight home. Did I understand you correctly that you are flying in the day OF the cruise in January? If that's the case, I'd reconsider this. Flights can be delayed with bad weather (or any time of the year due to mechanical problems). I'd be more worried about that flight than I would about the flight home.

But I do agree with the others that the 10:45 a.m. flight is pushing it. Everything is dependent on Princess debarking on time. More times than not, we've been delayed. I just don't think it's worth worrying about rushing to make a flight after a nice, relaxing cruise. Our only choices (since we fly Spirit Air out of Atlantic City) are 11:15 a.m. and 7:40 p.m. I'm not even comfortable with the 11:15 flight. We always get a room at the Marriott Marina across the street from the Port and hang out for the day. Take the shuttle over to the airport around 5 p.m., and we feel like we've had an extra day's vacation.

Archived