SEA to Vancouver Disney & return

PSDottie

I may book the Disney 6/10 cruise out of Vancouver. However it is much cheaper and easier to fly into Seattle. What is the easiest way to get from SEA airport to Vancouver and return?

Thank you

The QuickCoach bus goes right from SeaTac airport to downtown Vancouver.

A more scenic alternative is to take an Amtrak train. There are 2 trains a day. Note that there are more departures as Amtrak Thruway buses. If you are going to be on a bus, QuickCoach is probably handier since you can get it right at the airport.

Don't try to fly in the same day as your cruise. QuickCoach schedules are as long as almost 6 hours and buses are subject border delays and congestion. Amtrak trains are about 4 1/2 hours, and don't get caught in congestion at the border. Canadian customs is done on arrival in Vancouver, not at the border.

I may book the Disney 6/10 cruise out of Vancouver. However it is much cheaper and easier to fly into Seattle. What is the easiest way to get from SEA airport to Vancouver and return?

Thank you

QuickCoach (http://www.quickcoach.com), Amtrak, or renting a car are the most popular. However, you'll looking at the better part of a day, at least 4-5 hours to get from Seatac airport (south of Seattle), to Vancouver. Is it really that much more?

Another option for you might be to fly from Williams Field in Chandler to Bellingham WA on Allegiant Air. The flights are no-frills and you pay for every bag (checked or overhead carryon), but Bellingham is 2/3 of the way from Seattle to Vancouver, and avoids the worst of the traffic on I5 (especially given the I5 bridge collapse today...)

Better take the train.

The I-5 bridge over the Skagit in Mt. Vernon collapsed, completely severing I-5. That is going to cause a long term traffic mess, because it will be months before it can possibly be repaired. It is almost certain to be out of service for the summer.

Thanks for the responses. Since I was trying to make the trip as easy as possible we are flying nonstop to Vancouver. Fortunately 3 of us were able to get a good deal on miles although we will have to spend an extra night in Vancouver.

Archived