Malaga to Torremolinos

Torremolinos looks about 20 minutes from Malaga port. Anyone been and how much is a taxi? Also, is it easy to get a taxi in Malaga and in Torremolinos for the way back? Thanks in advance.

Sorry. I maybe misunderstood question. Are you wanting to do a day trip to Torremolinos from a ship?

Ive taken taxis from Malaga to Torremolinos on several occations, doing chartertrips. Finding taxis is a breeze, both at the airport and i

Torremolinos - no prob.

You are right - it takes about 20 minutes, but i cant remeber the fare.

It is not expensive, taxi is cheap in Spain, at least compared to Swedish fares!

Sorry. I maybe misunderstood question. Are you wanting to do a day trip to Torremolinos from a ship?

Yes, a day trip from the port is the plan. We have upto 5 hours available and have been to Malaga before so would like to visit this resort.

Cindy1972

I don't understand why you want to go to Torremolinos as there really isn't anything of interest there. It's basically a tourist resort that had it's heyday in the 70s and 80s.

Even if you have visited Malaga before, there is plenty to see and do there, even if it's only shopping. There are quite a few world renowned museums, the cathedral, Gibralfaro, excellent tapas bars etc.

Maybe consider a trip further afield to Granada or Ronda if you haven't been to them, but Torremolinos???????????

WendyTheWanderer

Believe me, it hasn't improve. However, if the OP doesn't want to do an organised trip or go too far from the ship they could visit Mijas, which is a pretty village on the Costa del Sol.

However, I think the time would be wasted on Torremolinos with such lovely places within a day.

Ive taken taxis from Malaga to Torremolinos on several occations, doing chartertrips. Finding taxis is a breeze, both at the airport and i

Torremolinos - no prob.

You are right - it takes about 20 minutes, but i cant remeber the fare.

It is not expensive, taxi is cheap in Spain, at least compared to Swedish fares!

Thanks for actually answering the thread - much appreciated.

Thanks for actually answering the thread - much appreciated.

Wow - the other contributors on this thread will have winced at that :p

But if you want to go to Torremolinos without some specific reason, don't let their opinions get in your way.

Its your day to enjoy.

Or spoil :D:D:D

For other readers, Mijas Pueblo is the best bet within a reasonable taxi ride, about 30 minutes.

That's Mijas Pueblo, not Mijas Golf or Mijas Costa or any other featureless resort town playing on the name of Mijas.

But then taxi drivers will know that. Just tell them "Mijas" - cos they know that no cruiser wants to spend their day in the other Mijas's

They're almost as grim and un-Spanish as Torremolinos :D

JB :)

You have a lot of interesting comments already.

The Alhambra is, of course, one of the top tourist destinations in the world that everyone should visit, but not with five hours in the port of Malaga.

If you are wanting beaches, the city of Malaga has been under major revitalization for several years. From the port towards to the airport and western beaches has much better connections now with the building of a new road network. There has been a lot of development now along the coast and it is much improved.

http://www.andalucia.com/cities/malaga/beaches.htm

While Marbella is a real 'resort' city, as stated, Torremolinos is a tourist trap for the most part, but does have some improvement. It can even be reached by the local train network and that is the only benefit. You then have to walk 10 minutes down to the beach area. It is 20 minutes by train.

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/index.html

Beaches on the Costa del Sol are very basic and do not compare to some of Spain's best beaches over by Tarrifa on the coast south of Cadiz.

Archived