Active hurricane season predicted - how often do cruises get cancelled?

RSLeesburg

I will be on the 9/22/13 Allure Western (Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel). IF we were to get re-routed are there standard ports they go to instead? I would like to do plan B research on a few places just in case.

I would look at the other itineraries for the Allure. More than likely you will go to another port that it normally sails to, so perhaps Eastern route.

Our very first cruise (our honeymoon) was changed due to Hurricane Wilma. We were supposed to go out of Ft. Lauderdale to Belize and Mexico but got switched to Port Canaveral going to the Bahamas and RCL's private island. It went down from 5-nights to 3-nights and was an older ship. They upgraded us several cabin levels and gave a partial refund (I have no idea if this is standard procedure or if it was because they knew it was our honeymoon). All-in-all it wasn't a big deal. I thought RCL handled it well even though we were on hold on the phone with them for literally 10 hours!

On our last cruise we weren't able to stop in one port because of strong winds. Our port fees were refunded, they apologized a lot, and came up with some last-minute on board entertainment.

On our last cruise we weren't able to stop in one port because of strong winds. Our port fees were refunded, they apologized a lot, and came up with some last-minute on board entertainment.

Oh yeah. I never even thought if port fees.

I will be on the 9/22/13 Allure Western (Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel). IF we were to get re-routed are there standard ports they go to instead? I would like to do plan B research on a few places just in case.

There could be a chance they would substitute San Juan and/or St. Thomas. Seeing many of the ships would not yet be back in the Caribbean when you sail, they have some chance of arranging alternate ports, if necessary.

Archived