anyone else still do this????

socialsea

I just booked our 15th cruise with rccl this afternoon on Freedom of the seas for the December 8th, western caribbean sailing. I can't believe how excited I still get over doing this. It was as if it was my very first cruise. My heart starts to pound, my blood pressure starts to rise, my head starts spinning (that could be from the blood pressure) LOL, my eyes start welling with tears, I start giggling uncontrollably and my knees start to wobble:D.WHEW!!!

Anyone else act like this after booking a cruise? For me, it just never gets old. I am like a kid in a candy store. Right away, I started looking for hotels, transportation to & from the airport and places to eat while we are in Cocoa Beach. And I still have 191 more sleeps!!!

COME ON DECEMBER 8TH ;)

Congratulations! You are a true cruise addict, like the rest of us, I might add. We are going to FLL this weekend for Memorial Day and I'm excited because I get to SEE Oasis and Allure. I need to live in that condo the ships pass by going out of the port so I could get my fix regularly. It never gets old! Have a great cruise!

I REALLY wish there was a "LIKE" button for this post like Facebook.

As soon as I book something, I go into ultimate plan mode. Like you, I start looking at hotels, transportation, restaurants, etc. I almost always run out to the book store and buy travel books for the places I want to go. I find they make nice souvenirs also. I'm 1 week and a day away from my cruise and now I'm starting to obsess, especially on cruise critic. I almost always have the tab open on my laptop, and I spend way too much time on the site at work also! I started making my shopping/packing/to-do lists a few days ago, and I'm dutifully checking things off as I buy something. I'm also starting to get a bit apprehensive...I HATE the wait at the pier.

I REALLY wish there was a "LIKE" button for this post like Facebook.

As soon as I book something, I go into ultimate plan mode. Like you, I start looking at hotels, transportation, restaurants, etc. I almost always run out to the book store and buy travel books for the places I want to go. I find they make nice souvenirs also. I'm 1 week and a day away from my cruise and now I'm starting to obsess, especially on cruise critic. I almost always have the tab open on my laptop, and I spend way too much time on the site at work also! I started making my shopping/packing/to-do lists a few days ago, and I'm dutifully checking things off as I buy something. I'm also starting to get a bit apprehensive...I HATE the wait at the pier.

I so the same thing. We don't go until April and I'm still excited and can't wait. To get my books for summer reading/planning!

Congratulations! You are a true cruise addict, like the rest of us, I might add. We are going to FLL this weekend for Memorial Day and I'm excited because I get to SEE Oasis and Allure. I need to live in that condo the ships pass by going out of the port so I could get my fix regularly. It never gets old! Have a great cruise!

We live part time in condo 5 blocks north of pier. It is amazing to see the ships leave from our balcony but......feel jealous that we are not sailing on them. Fortunate we can cruise about 3 times a year.And not fly.

It is always a thrill to see a cruise ship but oh the feeling when we drive to the port and wave good by from the ship.

I totally do the same thing! my kids just roll their eyes at me. I have a standing list in my computer. several actually one for our clothes one for toiletries one for my backpack that contains all essential items money tickets etc...and then one to list suitcases backpack etc the big stuff we should have in hand walking out the door.

The last one isnt as important when the kids arent going with us.

We plan to move to florida after dh retires so we can cruise more! I am so jealous of Barbiegator!!

Oh yes, I still get teary-eyed right after muster because I am so happy to be going on a cruise, and we just became Diamond +. By the way, my husband is as excited about cruising as I am :D (although thankfully he doesn't get weepy).

I just booked our 15th cruise with rccl this afternoon on Freedom of the seas for the December 8th, western caribbean sailing. I can't believe how excited I still get over doing this. It was as if it was my very first cruise. My heart starts to pound, my blood pressure starts to rise, my head starts spinning (that could be from the blood pressure) LOL, my eyes start welling with tears, I start giggling uncontrollably and my knees start to wobble:D.WHEW!!!

Anyone else act like this after booking a cruise? For me, it just never gets old. I am like a kid in a candy store. Right away, I started looking for hotels, transportation to & from the airport and places to eat while we are in Cocoa Beach. And I still have 191 more sleeps!!!

COME ON DECEMBER 8TH ;)

My friend and I are actually on this cruise. OMG, this is our very first cruise and the men are staying home. I am so beyond obsessed with everything it's overwhelming. We are doing the fly snooze and cruise at the courtyard by Mariott. I have a piece of luggage set up and every time someone suggests bringing something I throw it in there, ie. post it notes, highlighters....

I also signed up for the meet and mingle. Check out the roll call, seems like a very nice bunch of people. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Please keep me posted if you find anything we need to check out, and good luck with your planning. :D

I am same way I drive my family crazy ,have 1 in sept and the other in May 2014 and already thinking about 2015.I told my husband that I want to move to florida so I can just look at the ships.I get real excited when new ships come out and I just want to go on all of them.:D

My tears flow when I see the ship for the first time driving to the port. It's a reality check after all the obsessing, planning, coordinating, obsessing, shopping, obsessing, (did I already say obsessing?). I get so wound up.

In all honesty though, after the last cruise in February, I realize it's not necessary to obsess as much. We didn't do the "formal" thing and what a difference that made! I still packed like a maniac but only like a casual maniac. :rolleyes:

Cathy

Yes, I also go into super-planning mode right away and then spend the next (however many) months second-guessing my choices of hotel, car rental, etc.

I, too, will also be onboard this cruise with you (and the 12/1 Eastern, as well, along with my sister). Have been lurking on our roll-call, but haven't piped in yet (I will, soon).

. . . BUT at least having a cruise or two booked makes sitting for hours on Cruise Critic much more pleasant!:D:D

For any fellow nurses out there, how about this diagnosis:

Acute excitement related to new cruise booking as evidenced by increased heart rate, hypertension, and uncontrollable giggling. :D

Hey that's a great diagnosis!!! It is Deby #2 from Oasis May 2012! How are you doing? I have to tell you I have been on a few cruises since ours and I've NEVER had a roll call like the "Royal Party"! Good to see you on the boards!

Hey that's a great diagnosis!!! It is Deby #2 from Oasis May 2012! How are you doing? I have to tell you I have been on a few cruises since ours and I've NEVER had a roll call like the "Royal Party"! Good to see you on the boards!

Hi Deby!!!! Ain't no party like Royal Party!

COME ON DECEMBER 8TH ;)

What's REALLY hard is booking a cruise and then trying to keep it a secret from your husband for a full year! ;)

I just booked our 15th cruise with rccl this afternoon on Freedom of the seas for the December 8th, western caribbean sailing. I can't believe how excited I still get over doing this. It was as if it was my very first cruise. My heart starts to pound, my blood pressure starts to rise, my head starts spinning (that could be from the blood pressure) LOL, my eyes start welling with tears, I start giggling uncontrollably and my knees start to wobble.WHEW!!!

COME ON DECEMBER 8TH ;)

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :p:D

You are not alone, I am the same way! I keep telling my fiance that I am more excited for our honeymoon cruise than for our wedding! :p

My son and daughter in law will be on the same cruise for their honeymoon

Archived