Scubagirl-Help please!!!!

Madonnafan1

I am spending a day in Nassau the first week in July. It will be me and my 8 year old daughter. We wanted to go to Atlantis for the day (we have stayed there for a week before) but it looks like it will be busy and expensive for a port day.

Question: Looking for a great day pass for both of us with the best beach and pool and everything else included. I value your recommendations so far on other posts. Riu, BCH, Sheraton???/ I am not sure... any of these or somewhere else? Not too far since I am with my daughter.

We have been to Nassau several times doing other things so I wanted a fun beach day!

Thanks so much in advance! ~Lisa:)

I am spending a day in Nassau the first week in July. It will be me and my 8 year old daughter. We wanted to go to Atlantis for the day (we have stayed there for a week before) but it looks like it will be busy and expensive for a port day.

Question: Looking for a great day pass for both of us with the best beach and pool and everything else included. I value your recommendations so far on other posts. Riu, BCH, Sheraton???/ I am not sure... any of these or somewhere else? Not too far since I am with my daughter.

We have been to Nassau several times doing other things so I wanted a fun beach day!

Thanks so much in advance! ~Lisa:)

Depends on what you are looking for.

BCH is a lovely property, but it's small and quiet and I wouldn't consider it the best beach or pool.

RIU has a nice beach, and a nice pool, but the beach is down a few steps, and the water can be rough at some times. You didn't mention the age of your daughter, but if she's young, this may not be a good beach for you.

Sheraton has 3 pools, a great beach and relatively calm waters. It's a favorite for families, since there is something for everyone.

You might want to consider bringing a snorkel and mask for your daughter, there's some juvenile fish near the rocks that the kids love to check out.

Snorkeling gear is available, but there is sometimes a wait list and not all sized to fit.

Depends on what you are looking for.

BCH is a lovely property, but it's small and quiet and I wouldn't consider it the best beach or pool.

RIU has a nice beach, and a nice pool, but the beach is down a few steps, and the water can be rough at some times. You didn't mention the age of your daughter, but if she's young, this may not be a good beach for you.

Sheraton has 3 pools, a great beach and relatively calm waters. It's a favorite for families, since there is something for everyone.

You might want to consider bringing a snorkel and mask for your daughter, there's some juvenile fish near the rocks that the kids love to check out.

Snorkeling gear is available, but there is sometimes a wait list and not all sized to fit.

Thanks for your reply! She is 8 and well travelled. I think she likes the look of the Sheraton better because of the bigger property! I was just wondering if there was something else I was missing in a hotel that I was not aware of.

So best thing is to grab a taxi and go over? Also, was this one of the hotels that I can pre book a day pass? And how?

Thanks so much for this info! I really appreciate your kindness!:)

Thanks for your reply! She is 8 and well travelled. I think she likes the look of the Sheraton better because of the bigger property! I was just wondering if there was something else I was missing in a hotel that I was not aware of.

So best thing is to grab a taxi and go over? Also, was this one of the hotels that I can pre book a day pass? And how?

Thanks so much for this info! I really appreciate your kindness!:)

The only other suggestion would be Blue Lagoon Island.. which is where the dolphins are. You can just do a beach day there.. and watch the dolphins from the nearby dock . http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

As for the sheraton. it really is a great location. You can grab a cab for about $18 for the 3 ppl, or take the #10 jitney (about 3 short blocks from the port exit). It costs just $1.25pp and will drop you across the street from the hotel. They run every few minutes and take about the same time as a cab. Just tell the driver where you want to go and pay as you leave the bus. (driver doesn't give change).

Just reverse to come back.

The only other suggestion would be Blue Lagoon Island.. which is where the dolphins are. You can just do a beach day there.. and watch the dolphins from the nearby dock . http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

As for the sheraton. it really is a great location. You can grab a cab for about $18 for the 3 ppl, or take the #10 jitney (about 3 short blocks from the port exit). It costs just $1.25pp and will drop you across the street from the hotel. They run every few minutes and take about the same time as a cab. Just tell the driver where you want to go and pay as you leave the bus. (driver doesn't give change).

Just reverse to come back.

The blue lagoon is a great idea too! Maybe my daughter would like an encounter with the dolphins and sea lions again. It never gets old! Thanks for the suggestions!

Was there a link to book the Sheraton pre cruise?:confused:

The blue lagoon is a great idea too! Maybe my daughter would like an encounter with the dolphins and sea lions again. It never gets old! Thanks for the suggestions!

Was there a link to book the Sheraton pre cruise?:confused:

Sheraton is a same day pass. No need to prebook. There is a third party vendor that sells a pass with lunch.. I don't have the link. But I don't think it's a bargain.

We are looking at going to the Hilton, mostly because we can walk to it from the ship. We're not really beach people but enjoy walking along it and hanging out at the pool. We went to a beach in Roatan last year (was supposed to be a "private beach" but I don't think that really meant anything there), and felt like we were harassed by locals trying to sell things and give massages. I don't care if people have booths set up but dont like being approached when you're taking a nap or trying to read a book on the beach. My question is, is this a problem in nassau and would going to one of the resort beaches help with it? Or is like Roatan where once you get on the beach there's no security trying to prevent people from walking up from the public beach.

Thanks!!

We are looking at going to the Hilton, mostly because we can walk to it from the ship. We're not really beach people but enjoy walking along it and hanging out at the pool. We went to a beach in Roatan last year (was supposed to be a "private beach" but I don't think that really meant anything there), and felt like we were harassed by locals trying to sell things and give massages. I don't care if people have booths set up but dont like being approached when you're taking a nap or trying to read a book on the beach. My question is, is this a problem in nassau and would going to one of the resort beaches help with it? Or is like Roatan where once you get on the beach there's no security trying to prevent people from walking up from the public beach.

Thanks!!

Some are worse than others. The Hilton is truly a private beach. It's not that wide, just 300 yards or so.. with walls and piers on each end, so no vendors. Its really is a very quiet and private beach. Very relaxing.

Cabbage Beach is a free public beach and is the worse as far as aggressive vendors. This affect the beach all the way down to and including Atlantis.

Sheraton has security on the beach keep the abundance of vendors off the beach. There are ALLOWED vendors on the beach, but they are only a handful and not aggressive.

Junkanoo has some as well.. but not too bad. Most will just take "no" for an answer.

You will be bombarded outside the port gate and along the wharf. Just keep walking, shake your head no and say no thanks. Period. They are not aggressive unless you stop to talk to them.

Don't take the bracelet or necklace offered for free. They will insist on a donation.

Archived