Transportation from LAX to Longbeach

Hi

My husband and I will be flying in a couple of days before our cruise and we need transportation to our hotel and we can't use the ships shuttle. I have read of other shuttles that pick you up and then other people but that may take some time to get to your destination.

Now I'm all for saving money but I'm the type of person that on the day of travel I just want to get there so sitting on a bus would not be for me.

So my question is what would be cheaper a taxi or a car service?

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Nellie :)

Presumably, the simplest answer would be to use a cab. You didn't say where your hotel was, but presuming that it is in the general LAX area, cabs are available at curbside outside the luggage claim area. The fare to a nearby hotel won't be that much.

If you have reservations at a hotel near the port, then perhaps a car service booked in advance would be your better choice. Not only is it quite some distance from LAX, but at times, the traffic on our freeways can be overwhelming and backed up. A car service should quote you a fixed fare.

Hopefully you won't be staying by the airport or in downtown LA. Keith gave you a link to a car service to contact that will pick you up at LAX (or the other airports) and take you to wherever you will be staying.

There's also other services such as Karmel, OnTime, etc. that also provide a private vehicle (you just tell them how many people in your group and approximately how much luggage and they try to match you up with the appropriate sized vehicle, and also give the name of the airline so the driver will know which terminal). Remember to ask them how it works with the driver (does he have to circle around until you're at the pickup area -- even if so, that's fine -- take along the company's phone number so you can call when outside the terminal building).

Craig's Limo service will pick you up at LAX in a town car and transport you to Long Beach for $65. We have used them in the past, and for us it was well worth the money. We just don't like shuttles.:)

Just a warning if you book execucar make sure they drop you at the correct hotel.

We were more than happy with the pick up and service, until we went to check in and was told we were at the wrong hotel. We had been dropped at the Hyatt and not the The Pike, also owned by Hyatt. Unfortunately didn't notice until after the driver had gone, due to 10 hour flight, 5 hour time difference, and feeling very tired, we then had to drag suitcases up to other hotel.

We chose them because of the great reviews they have, so perhaps it was a one off. But just be aware.

Archived