Show Reservations on Breakway

So annoyed. Finally had a chance to sit down with my husband to make show reservations and was only able to book a few things. Burn the floor for our first night. Pajama Jam and Second City on Monday the 8th and Rock of Ages for Tuesday the 9th Really wanted to do the Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle show for the family but did not want to miss sailaway. Could book nothing for the last half of the trip.

I did not encounter such problems on RCL Oasis 2 years ago. Plus you could see a matrix of all the shows and times. This is seriously like trying to score the A group on Southwest. I am not happy especially since I just got the e-mail yesterday afternoon that reservations were open. Nothing like being stressed and pissed about my vacation several weeks out. :rolleyes:

So if you are traveling after the July 7th sailing be prepared to make your plans the second you get the e-mail.

I saw an old thread that 33% of the ressies are booked online, and the other on board.

Mind you not 100% of the people who booked cruises have PCs and internet and are able to book via NCL online.

That is a relief. Just wish that was noted on their website in large flashing letters in a place that was obvious (Of course I still woud have missed it somehow!). Would have saved me a bit of agony! Thank goodness for these boards! :D

I saw an old thread that 33% of the ressies are booked online, and the other on board.

Mind you not 100% of the people who booked cruises have PCs and internet and are able to book via NCL online.

That doesn't seem like a very good strategy for NCL... As you pointed out, likely everyone on the cruise has internet access and I bet the vast majority will try to book reservations online so as not to miss out. Only having 33% available online doesn't seem to reflect this reality... I'm hoping they'll adjust that number in time as the complaints roll in. Royal Caribbean does a much better job of online reservations for Oasis/Allure -- didn't have a problem getting shows at the times I wanted on either of my Oasis sailings.

That doesn't seem like a very good strategy for NCL... As you pointed out, likely everyone on the cruise has internet access and I bet the vast majority will try to book reservations online so as not to miss out. Only having 33% available online doesn't seem to reflect this reality... I'm hoping they'll adjust that number in time as the complaints roll in. Royal Caribbean does a much better job of online reservations for Oasis/Allure -- didn't have a problem getting shows at the times I wanted on either of my Oasis sailings.

Maybe it's 50% now?

The 33% was some years back.

Maybe it's 50% now?

The 33% was some years back.

I don't think it's a set percentage across all NCL ships, but probably a certain percentage is held back based on the number of suites per ship. If all the show and/or restaurant reservations were taken online, the concierge wouldn't have much to do onboard.

You wouldn't want this to turn into something like making restaurant reservations for a WDW stay. I swear folks are waiting for the clock to strike midnight to pounce on those.

Archived