What to do in Apia, Western Samoa??

We have not been to Apia, Western Samoa before, we where meant to go here on our Tahitian Treasures cruise on the Pacific Pearl in July 2011, but as it was a Sunday the day we where meant to be there the call got cancelled!

What is there not to miss in Apia??

And what would you recommend doing in Apia??

Is there any good snorkelling spots??

Also is there any private tour company's you would recommend??

The place to go is called Taufau Beach Fales.

Great place to swim & snorkall. A little bit like paradise on earth.

Its about 50 minutes drive from the port and all the local taxis will go there. (very cheap)

It is not crowded as locals cannot afford to be there but when we were there aprox 50 people were on the beach.

Try not to miss this place nothing there is expensive to visitors. Food and drinks are available there as well.

Try Google Taufau Beach Fales you will be supprised.

Stu, I would have definitely recommended a visit to the infamous Aggie Greys hotel on the waterfront. (you will see it from the ship!)

Unfortunately it was badly damaged in the very bad storms last December, was closed as a result and is being refurbished but wont reopen until 2014.

A fascinating story of how it came to be. Certainly worth reading up about.

This marine reserve for snorkelling is my suggestion.i was there in april. No need for transport, just outside the port. 5 mins walk. 4 Tala entry (about $2). You will need your reef shoes to walk out to the reef. You can see the ship from the snorkel area. Had a great time. Not many passengers there

Better than the visit to the beach/ ???snorkel the ship recommends I did that 2 years ago long hot trip not too good in the snorkel department..

Check my blog for photos April...APIA

I just remembered I was talking to some on the ship this last March and they went on the ships snorkelling tour they said it was lousy (many asked for money back) the site was much too exposed lots of waves, and deep.

Sue

• 2 months later...
Stu, I would have definitely recommended a visit to the infamous Aggie Greys hotel on the waterfront. (you will see it from the ship!)

Unfortunately it was badly damaged in the very bad storms last December, was closed as a result and is being refurbished but wont reopen until 2014.

A fascinating story of how it came to be. Certainly worth reading up about.

Yes, we where plaining to visit Aggie Greys :)

Apparently its now open, as I have seen it been advertised around the place in the last few weeks.

We might have to check it out anyway and see if its open or not! :)

Thank You everyone for your ideas and information :)

I think we might just use a local taxi to get around!

Private taxis are cheap ...local tours and a swim at the freshwater cave. Great!

Where about is this?, if we say "freshwater cave" will they know what we are talking about??

This marine reserve for snorkelling is my suggestion.i was there in april. No need for transport, just outside the port. 5 mins walk. 4 Tala entry (about $2). You will need your reef shoes to walk out to the reef. You can see the ship from the snorkel area. Had a great time. Not many passengers there

Better than the visit to the beach/ ???snorkel the ship recommends I did that 2 years ago long hot trip not too good in the snorkel department..

Check my blog for photos April...APIA

Will check out your blog and will hopefully give that site a try :).

Sounds like we will be doing a LOT of snorkelling this day :D

Archived