It's uncanny.....

KPfromCT

After reading Sarge's review of the Sunshine, and seeing all of the pictures, this ship now has the identical decor of the Breeze. No complaints here, as we LOVED the Breeze:D:D It's amazing to me that all of the clubs have the same names, ie; The Warehouse (arcade) Liquid Lounge, etc. Do you think that Carnival will eventually redo ALL of their ships to get away from the Farcas design? Just curious.....I for one LOVE the new "clean" look. What do you think?

I'm all for the new design style. I don't hate the old Farcas designs, but to me there's no question the newer ones are better. I'm sure they are others who prefer the older designs though. I don't expect Carnival to rapidly change over the fleet though. Not if they can still reasonably sell out the ships with the current design.

I think the new decor is lovely.....however, I don't mind the old decor either.

I was surprised to find the lounge names to be the same. I know it seems silly but to me that is bland.....certainly would not stop me from cruising or affect my cruise in anyway though! ;)

I hope they do all their ships like the breeze and sunshine. I'm not a fan of farcus' designs. You mentioned the same lounge names ect. That seems like it is an industry standard now. All lines have their branded venues fleet wide now.

I hate the Farcus decor
Have you seen pictures of Splendor's interiors

with fried eggs all over the ceiling, etc?

Splendor-Monet_Dinning_Deck_3.jpg

This is just one example:

I've seen others that would prevent me from booking a cruise on Splendor, specifically

Splendor's public area interiors are ghastly, nothing less!

Glad to see some changes, but pretty soon all the ships will look alike. I'm not a fan of naming everything the same on every ship either.

I look forward to exploring new ships. I guess I am a rare farcus fan. I like the whimsy and outlandish decor.

No I don't decorate my home that way, but it's fun on vacation.

Glad to see some changes, but pretty soon all the ships will look alike. I'm not a fan of naming everything the same on every ship either.

I look forward to exploring new ships. I guess I am a rare farcus fan. I like the whimsy and outlandish decor.

No I don't decorate my home that way, but it's fun on vacation.

I'm with you! The decor is half of my reason for cruising so far. It was what got be really interested in Carnival ships back when I was a kid long before my first cruise and was easily one of my favorite parts of our cruise we just got back from on the Glory. It IS fun on vacation, it makes it feel more unique and special and very different from every day life.

I'm disapointed that they seem to be moving away from all that uniqueness. Ultimately it will make me more likely to book different cruise lines down the road.

~Katy

i was blown away by the look and feel of the Breeze - I remember after boarding just roaming the ship taking pics of everything and being so impressed with the decor and layout of the ship!

I am sure I will love the Sunshine just as much! :D

It took me a few days to regain my vision after sailing on the electric neon purple Sensation. What was Farcus thinking??!! :mad:

The change in decor will be a very welcome change and it may persuade my extended family to sail on Carnival. There are 14 of us cruising on Holland America in a few weeks. Some family members will be (skeptical) 1st time cruisers, and a big reason why they finally agreed to cruise was because we are NOT sailing on Carnival! :o

Sunshine ;) Breeze looks good just to many people for me.

Have you cruised on the Breeze yet? We sailed on it last month and never once felt crowded. There are so many areas that have venues that draw people that people are actually scattered throughout the ship. I actually found the promenade deck much less congested than on previous ships! My favorite ship to date!

Archived