Coral Princess photo and video review

Bimmer09

I really enjoyed your review and a look at the Coral Princess. I'm a little nervous about sailing on heh, all mu Princess cruises have been on the larger ships, which I have loved. I'm sure though I'll survive my 11 nights on a ship!

May I ask a few questions? What kind of camera do you use and would you mind if I shared some of your Coral photos with others? They really give a good look at the ship and will keep everyone happy while we tick off the weeks till we sail.

Whimsy, the camera on the Coral was a Canon S880 point n shoot pocket camera. I have upgraded it since to a Canon Eos Rebel. I certainly don't mind you showing the photos around. I put them up for all to see.

Norris

Enjoyed your reviews, especially the pics. You mentioned you were offered champagne by your room steward. This is the second post I've read recently where someone was offered champagne by their steward. is this a new Princess custom? We've done 15 cruises with Princess, never offered anything.

Enjoyed your reviews' date=' especially the pics. You mentioned you were offered champagne by your room steward. This is the second post I've read recently where someone was offered champagne by their steward. is this a new Princess custom? We've done 15 cruises with Princess, never offered anything.[/quote']

I've been offered it each time-in suites and mini-suites.

Norris

Norris, really enjoyed your review. Haven't done Alaska yet, however my hubby and I sailed on the Coral in October, 2011 for a full transit of the Panama Canal. It was awesome.

Maybe we will do Alaska someday, too

You should-as it is so different from warm weather guaranteed cruising and the excursions are beyond the ordinary when it comes to wildlife and scenery.

I did a Diamond Princess review too which focuses on less expensive, more at sea-level excursions where wildlife was plentiful.

Norris

who will go back to Alaska again (and again)

• 1 month later...

Norris, your review of the Coral, and Alaska & Vancouver, is superb! Your photos are fantastic as well. Great composition!

We're booked on Coral northbound in late July 2014, and reading your review today has got me so excited about the cruise. I love how you touch on what really matters and clearly don't allow relatively small issues detract from your fun and enjoyment. We've done only two cruises so far (both on RCI, which we love) and are excited about trying Princess and Coral in particular.

Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us!

Norris,

Have just booked up Coral Princess on a NB trip out of Vancouver in late August (so almost the same time of year as you) and your review has definitely convinced me I've made the right choice.

The airfares from the UK to Alaska (for a family of 4) are fairly horrendous so this trip needs to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and reading your review has reassured me that it certainly should be.

The weather is obviously unpredictable in this part of the world and looking at your photos you only really seemed to have sun for 1 or 2 days. Did that stop you doing anything?

The plane & helicopter excursions looked wonderful, but whether we can justify the cost is something we need to weigh up. But then we have got another 7 months to save up!

Many thanks again for a great review,

Tony

Norris, your review of the Coral, and Alaska & Vancouver, is superb! Your photos are fantastic as well. Great composition!

We're booked on Coral northbound in late July 2014, and reading your review today has got me so excited about the cruise. I love how you touch on what really matters and clearly don't allow relatively small issues detract from your fun and enjoyment. We've done only two cruises so far (both on RCI, which we love) and are excited about trying Princess and Coral in particular.

Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us!

Thanks to you and Tonilon for the kind words and I am glad you have read my Coral "stuff" and that it has helped you get excited for your cruise.

I am writing this from the Caribbean Princess sailing from Belize to Cozumel with a 38 knot wind wailing.

Will write something long about the CB when I return to the real (cruel) world!

Norris

Caribe Deck

• 1 year later...
IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

This is a famous rock seen from above. So famous I can't remember its' name.

If I find out later I'll share it.

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

We are scheduled with Island Wings for June; I know there only 6 guests but are any seats better than others. Window without wings shown in photos or a side with less glare

We are scheduled with Island Wings for June; I know there only 6 guests but are any seats better than others. Window without wings shown in photos or a side with less glare

I was in the back seat (Pilot side which is left). There is one vacant seat next to Michelle, the pilot, which would be nice as you could see what is ahead. You will get window glare regardless I would imagine.

It's a fantastic trip!!

Norris

I love your reviews and was just wondering on your trips to Europe have you done river cruises and if so can I find the reviews anywhere? Sorry to hijack your review. BTW, we love Alaska. Did a land cruise and then spent the summer there a few days later in our Motorhome. Would love to go back.

I was in the back seat (Pilot side which is left). There is one vacant seat next to Michelle, the pilot, which would be nice as you could see what is ahead. You will get window glare regardless I would imagine.

It's a fantastic trip!!

Norris

THANK you; we are looking so forward to this trip! What are your suggestions for must have lens? I read large camera bags are not permitted; so I must make a choice

THANK you; we are looking so forward to this trip! What are your suggestions for must have lens? I read large camera bags are not permitted; so I must make a choice

I used a Canon S880 point and shoot pocket camera for the shots I got on the Misty Fjords trip. If you have a DSLR the kit lens (18 to 55mm, say) would be fine. There's not enough room for bags on the plane but a camera hanging from your neck takes up no space, so a zoom lens would work too, say a 250 mm.

You will be taking a lot of photos!

Have fun!

Norris

• 4 weeks later...
Great info and wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Jackie, I'm glad you found it informative.

The Coral was a good introduction to Princess for us and I am glad we got to enjoy her before Princess HQ hatched plans to modify her. (see the Island Princess for a before and after- Yikes!)

Norris

• 7 months later...