!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Watched your videos about an hour ago. :p Very cool! Thank you Gambee. Can't say anything more that hasn't already been said.

Ohhh you might of watched them before YouTube stabilized them. Actually #1 is still in the process.

Day 5, Bermuda.

I guess I can start this day by writing about my overall opinion of Bermuda. What can I say about Bermuda other than it is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ISLAND YET! Everything about Bermuda is great, the locals are super polite. You will never (or at least that was our case) experience pushy sales people anywhere in the island. Even the children are extremely polite, it is almost like they taught in the school to treat the tourist with the upmost respect to increase tourism.

The island itself is kept immaculate! I could not believe how clean it was, actually it was cleaner than Ft. Lauderdale! So are the beaches and parks, everything is just extremely clean. Also the way the houses are painted helps the island reflect a very inviting feeling for tourists. This island is like the complete opposite of Jamaica!

The ocean! Oh my that ocean… It is just about the most beautiful blue ocean my eyes have ever seen. Snorkeling was just ok, and the water was freezing (must get better in summer), but overall it was just stunning! I remember a local telling that one time a tourist asked her for 3 empty bottles so she could take home samples of the different colors of the ocean for her son who could not make the trip. That made me cracked up, so funny :D, lol. But I guess the reason for the story is that the colors variate with depth so dramatically that it just makes for some stunning views for miles away.

There is just so much to do in Bermuda, 3 days are not enough. Now I can see why people go to Bermuda year after year and never get bored of it. I think I could go there 3 more times, before I say I had enough and like to try something else.

Like all the Caribbean it tends to be expensive, actually I think Bermuda is the most expensive port I've been to. But then again with just getting off Breakaway that nickels and dimes you for everything, Bermuda was not as bad of a hit :D.

I don't think I would ever fly to Bermuda, but I do have to say that I have Quantum on my sight for 2015 to go to Bermuda.

One more thing to talk about was my hesitation to be docked for 3 days instead of being on the move every night. I must admit that this one huge factor when it came time to book Breakaway, I really hated the idea of being docked. But let me tell you something, I like it. Not for every cruise, but every once in a while it is very nice to have the ship just work like a hotel. You can come and go as you please, at any time of the day or night. It felt very nice to get off the ship to go use the internet and stretch our legs. It was also very nice to be able to take pictures of the ship at night.

On a final note for those who are hesitant of doing the Bermuda itinerary, all I can say is try it. You might just be very surprised at how much you will like it, or at least that was our case. We can't wait for the next time that we are able to go to Bermuda.

I'm spending a gloomy Saturday reading your review and your viewing your pictures and all I can do is smile like it was the sunniest day in the world. You are not only helping me to relive my own Breakaway trip (we were on the inaugural to Bermuda) but allowing me to explore things I may have missed.

Not one to normally respond to a review, but I must second your thoughts here. This was also my first time being docked in one place and like you I was hesitant, but I too was also pleasantly surprised at my liking for it. I think Bermuda is an excellent place to be docked out for several days and even in three I feel like there is so much I missed.

With that also said, we are going to cruise there next year on the Explorer of the Seas just so we can get two more days in and also share the island with our family & friends who we are inviting.

Thanks for sharing your experiences....

Hi

what a fabulous review. I have not finished it yet.

What do you do for a living?|I think you could work for the cruise magaizine

doing reviews!

Did you eat at Carlos bakery? was it awesome?

Do you have any menu of it?

thanks so much

i want to be your facebook friend.

what is the name i should use?

thanks

when si your next cruise?

dana:):)

I don't think so, they might not want to share that info. But then again this was the case for this tour, I am not sure if all the tours are the same. But I guess you could ask the lady and see which tours are shared with NCL and which ones are not.

I can only imagine what NCL is charging for the Disney excursion, I would hate to be in that time crunch running.

The time crunch was our other concern. Only in port 9 hours and the tour is 8! :eek: we've done Disney 2 times in the last 2 years and have been promising our girls a more relaxed trip with the cruise! Lol we look forward to sleeping in (possibly 8am instead of getting up at 6:30 to tour Disney) and having more leisurely mornings and later nights. We'll do Disney another time.

Edited by English101

Awesome videos. I would be tripping all over my feet and anything that was in front of me. Don't know how you do it. I love the fisheye lens. Really shows a lot more than a regular lens.

I also love to hear you talk. Love your accent'.........;)

Gwen :)

Heya guys, how are you?

Gambee sent me a text a little bit ago to ask everyone to please not post in this thread your vote for which cruise he liked better.

Since he is at work, he asked me to start a new thread/poll in the NCL boards for him. Please vote here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1858625

Thanks guys!

That is much appreciated by more than just Gambee, I bet. :) Awesome review, pics, and videos. I thank you, Gambee, for taking the time!

I didn't like the idea that you have to check out a towel and bring it back to avoid a fee. I do have to admit that I does keep the pool decks less sloppy looking.

I never really had a problem with this. My room steward would always give me a new clean pool towel and take my old wet one. If you look closely at their carts in the hallway, you'll see they have them there.

Hi Gambee. Actually started getting a bit queasy just watching them...not sure if movement translated to video or it's a stomach bug:rolleyes: Quick question: it seems like most restaurants are off the "central" area with the stairs: is that true? Also seems like many restaurants don't have separate "areas" but you can see one restaurant while at others? Does that take away from the ambience? It doesn't feel "food court" ish, does it?

A little worried about the smoke issue, as I have asthma, and cannot stand to be around it. Ship still looks beautiful, but am on the fence. Can't wait to hear your summary...!

Thanks again,c

gambee, Great videos, fish eye lens made them even better and loved to hear you talk.. Sad that the review is almost over but waiting for your review of the Breeze as we will be on her in September. Great job and thanks again for all your hard work writing this.

Great job on the Videos gambee! I watched all 5 in their entirety (maybe 45 minutes?)

I am so excited from your review that I am already thinking about a 2nd booking on Breakaway. Bermuda looks absolutely beautiful and the more I think about it...I know once won't be enough.

Excellent job on the videos. I told my DH that we are going to sail Breakaway to Bermuda AGAIN (even though it will be our first time to Bermuda and sailing on Breakaway) because I feel like I've already experienced both by reading your review and watching your videos!

They are knitted pieces and are they sewn on to the tree. It is called yarnbomming. It is very popular all over the world but it can get the knitters in trouble sometimes.

That's an interesting piece of trivia. Love it!

They are knitted pieces and are they sewn on to the tree. It is called yarnbomming. It is very popular all over the world but it can get the knitters in trouble sometimes.

Why can it get them in trouble sometimes?

Great videos! It pulls the review together as we can see how the ship relates to your photos. Though not a replacement for your great photo's it was a nice addition.

Bill

I agree, those videos really added a lot to the review. Felt like I was there, getting hit by raindrops! And I have a much better feel for the ship now that I've watched them.