!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Help plan a tour of Bermuda. Have a taxi guide lined up first day.

Your reviews are awesome.

Too bad I'm on summit not breakaway.

Honestly I would not plan too much, just go there and have fun. Make a list of things you want to do and then pick once you get there.

I think I am pretty much done with days of over planning. Specially with long port stays like Bermuda.

Have fun! :)

Gambee: I don't know if this was asked/answered, but do the room tvs have accessible AV inputs to plug in a device??? Thanks O Great One!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Gambee: I don't know if this was asked/answered, but do the room tvs have accessible AV inputs to plug in a device??? Thanks O Great One!

I am not sure. I did not check for that. Sorry.

Gambee, I soooo appreciate all your hard work and for taking the time out of your vacation and your life to help all of us. I am going to miss checking in to cc to see what you have posted. It has been a nice journey with you. I can't wait for our July cruise. You have given me some great tips. I know my husband will be glad that I am not spending another night with "Gambee", lol. I wish only good things for you and your mom and I truly hope that all your cruise wishes come true. Thanks again!!

Gambee, I soooo appreciate all your hard work and for taking the time out of your vacation and your life to help all of us. I am going to miss checking in to cc to see what you have posted. It has been a nice journey with you. I can't wait for our July cruise. You have given me some great tips. I know my husband will be glad that I am not spending another night with "Gambee", lol. I wish only good things for you and your mom and I truly hope that all your cruise wishes come true. Thanks again!!

Thank you :o :)

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review! I really appreciate the wealth of information and detail. It has been most helpful in planning my Breakaway trip in August!

You're very welcome, have a great cruise!

Thanks Gambee for this awesome review.

I can understand how the Allure could come out just a tad ahead as we were on the Oasis and loved it! We will be on the Breakaway in February (Deck 12 S6, thanks to you and others who discovered prior to sailing that it had a bigger balcony than 13 and fought with my PCC over it) and then the Quantum in December (GL).

Are you considering sailing on the Quantum? If so, can't wait to see that review! Great job! I wish I had half the talent to write my reviews like this. :D

Edited by Aurora2143

Thanks Gambee for this awesome review.

I can understand how the Allure could come out just a tad ahead as we were on the Oasis and loved it! We will be on the Breakaway in February (Deck 12 S6, thanks to you and others who discovered prior to sailing that it had a bigger balcony than 13 and fought with my PCC over it) and then the Quantum in December (GL).

Are you considering sailing on the Quantum? If so, can't wait to see that review! Great job! I wish I had half the talent to write my reviews like this. :D

I do have Quantum on my sight, but I won't be going on her for the Carib itineraries. I will consider her for the Bermuda one after I see the prices, I really can't go overboard again like I did with the BA.

Bermuda in May is just gorgeous, all the flowers are blooming.

DSC08477_zpsba7b4409.jpg

And here is the mini bus that will drive you to the top. You just wait for her there.

DSC08481_zpscd283efa.jpg

By the way, be very careful with these scooters. I can not tell you how many people told me that they crashed or almost crashed. I also saw a few people aboard the ship on the last day with bandages all over their bodies. Just be careful, people in Bermuda drive very fast.

DSC08482_zps8dfa8c03.jpg

Horseshoe Bay beach has very nice facilities, including a restaurant, changing rooms, bathrooms, showers, ice cream parlor and even internet.

DSC08483_zpsdb581500.jpg

We decided not to rent chairs or an umbrella, I believe later on I got a picture of the prices. All I can say about horseshoe, is that it is possibly the most gorgeous beach that I have ever been to. It was kept very clean and pristine. I guess I will let the pictures do the talking now.

DSC08486_zps03cc8258.jpg

DSC08487_zps524e5745.jpg

When we were in Bermuda on the crazy buses we almost took out a cruiser on a scooter. Scariest experience EVER

I am so sad you completed your review. I looked forward to reading it everyday.

I am looking forward to the breakaway in July. Your review helped me so much. I hope you enjoy the Breeze. I will be following your review as I have never cruised with another cruise line, only NCL.

muchas gracias mi amigo. me gustaría que usted y su madre todo lo mejor que ofrece la vida. lo siento mi español no es muy bueno. :)

(Thank you very much my friend . I wish you and your mom all the best life has to offer. I'm sorry my spanish is not too good .). :)

Bon voyage!!!!

Gambee, now that you have had a few moments to rest, I have a cabin question if you don't mind. Any updates on your feelings about the stern cabins? Was 12906 the best choice on 12, and do you still think 12 is the best choice of deck?

Thanks!

I am so sad you completed your review. I looked forward to reading it everyday.

I am looking forward to the breakaway in July. Your review helped me so much. I hope you enjoy the Breeze. I will be following your review as I have never cruised with another cruise line, only NCL.

muchas gracias mi amigo. me gustaría que usted y su madre todo lo mejor que ofrece la vida. lo siento mi español no es muy bueno. :)

(Thank you very much my friend . I wish you and your mom all the best life has to offer. I'm sorry my spanish is not too good .). :)

Bon voyage!!!!

Your Spanish is great no worries. Thank you, I hope you have a great cruise :)

Gambee, now that you have had a few moments to rest, I have a cabin question if you don't mind. Any updates on your feelings about the stern cabins? Was 12906 the best choice on 12, and do you still think 12 is the best choice of deck?

Thanks!

12 is certainly the best deck in my opinion. But 12906 should be just as good good as the other ones. Any of deck 12 should do you just fine.

Well it took me two days to catch up with you. Breakaway to Bermuda - another absolutely wonderful review! You did it again!

What an experience this was for the last few months from the Everything Breakaway thread to your review. Not only are you a great reviewer but the time and dedication you spent researching that ship was amazing. (If I had a nickel for every person that asked you to find their stateroom I could go on two cruises.)

Looking forward to your Carnival Breeze review!

Thank you for another amazing review!!

I have only cruised on Royal Caribbean (I LOVED your Allure review!) and Carnival so it is really nice to see such an in-depth review of a different cruise line/ship so you can see what they are like!

I also really liked your comprehensive review of Bermuda, I had never thought of it as a place to visit before, but now I think it is something I want to look into!

Thank you again!

Gambee, this is great. I have always wanted to try NCL and experience Bermuda. Who better to be my guide than one of my favorite travelers and CC reviewers. I'll only gazed through your excellent photos so far but plan to go back and read every word. Hope you enjoy this trip as much as I plan to be reading about it.

I started reading the great review Gambee has done and got to page 9 but it is a little hard to follow with all the posts in between and reposting of stuff in replies.

Is there a way to just filter out the review portion ?

I looked on the Cruise Critic passenger reviews section for Breakaway and there are several reviews but this one is not there.

I started reading the great review Gambee has done and got to page 9 but it is a little hard to follow with all the posts in between and reposting of stuff in replies.

Is there a way to just filter out the review portion ?

I looked on the Cruise Critic passenger reviews section for Breakaway and there are several reviews but this one is not there.

On the forums there isn't but trust me it's worth it. Gambee does a fantastic job with his reviews

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the great review! I really enjoyed the pictures and videos. Our first cruise was on Princess and to this day it was the best cruise. Maybe because we did not have kids yet and we had great table mates that we clicked with. Nothing like having a professional comedian at your table. We closed down the dining room every night.

Our second cruise was on NCL Dawn out of NYC we had a good time but said we liked Princess better but freestyle was better as a family. This was our first time traveling as a family. Third cruise was on NCL Gem for a New Year's Eve cruise out of NY. We had horrible weather plus we were a group of 22 but we made the best of it. My MIL was turning green with the 24 feet plus waves. We had a forward cabin on deck 10 and the sea spray was higher the our balcony railing. Lots of memories which is what counts.

We leave on Sunday on the Breakaway this time as a group of 8. Hopefully we will have smooth sailing.