Venice Embarkation

bubbachief

I asked this question other places, but have gotten little response, so I'll try again.

We are sailing on the Silhouette out of Venice. Can board on 10/31, sailing is the next day. Wondering how late on 10/31 we can show up to the ship and still have porters there to take luggage and also to check in on board. We want to leave luggage at the hotel and spend day exploring Venice, then board later in afternoon or early evening.

Maybe it's something you've done already, but my guess is you'll get a most accurate response to that question if you contact the cruise line directly. They are IMO the ones who would give you the most precise information.

But you never know, maybe someone on these boards as your answer.

We did that a few years ago on the Summit. We had our hotel store our luggage and headed to the ship about 4 pm. We ate dinner on the ship and then went back out for a while. The cruise line can tell you what time they want everyone to check in but I think it was around 7pm.

I would go to the ship, check in and board with your bags. Then go back and explore Venice at your leisure. The train that connects you from the terminal to Plaza Roma it cheap and easy to get. I'd advise buying all the tickets you need at the one time to make it easier.

If you do this then you will be able to get back to the ship and relax without having to worry about carting bags etc when tired.

I asked this question other places, but have gotten little response, so I'll try again.
You have posted this question three times on this board and once on the Celebrity board. I suggest you post it on your roll call.

Follow MafG's advice to contact the cruise line...or your TA if you used one. A phone call should get you the information you need.

Lew

You have posted this question three times on this board and once on the Celebrity board. I suggest you post it on your roll call.

Follow MafG's advice to contact the cruise line...or your TA if you used one. A phone call should get you the information you need.

Lew

I sent an email to the Italy office of Celebrity, no response. My experience with calling Celebrity Customer Service in the past has been less than satisfactory. Conflicting or no answers, that's why I've tried asking CC members.

I'd actually like to know this too....we will fly in the day the cruise begins but since we stay in Venice all the 1st night and till 5PM the next day wondering if we were delayed somehow with flights if there would be any problem checking in after that first night???? Thanks for any help...:)

I'd actually like to know this too....we will fly in the day the cruise begins but since we stay in Venice all the 1st night and till 5PM the next day wondering if we were delayed somehow with flights if there would be any problem checking in after that first night???? Thanks for any help...:)

There's a thread on the CC Celebrity site that addresses our question.

This is an issue for me too. I just realized the Celebrity confirmation lists check-in from noon until 3:30. We dont' even arrive in Venice until about 4:00 the first night, and we've already bought our plane tickets.

Our trusty travel agent contacted Celebrity and was told that we can probably check in as late as 7:00. The issue isn't so much with Celebrity, it's that apparently you have to go through some sort of passport control with an Italian immigration officer. Supposedly they're usually there until about 7:00, though I'm wondering if that's also true on Sundays, our arrival date.

Just to be on the safe side, I'm checking to see if I can purchase the ship's transfer service. I know they gouge you, but it'll be faster and cheaper than having to rent a hotel for the night. That's Plan B. I'll take a list of nearby hotels and rates.

Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know how early you can check luggage in with the porters at the Venice cruise terminal? We were hoping we could drop our luggage off in the morning and go explore for a few hours before getting on the ship (Celebrity Silhouette). Thanks! :)