Carnival Paradise May 18th-23rd 2013

BenjiRodney

Food was hit or miss, but always plenty of it available and always found something that I liked. (except the Pizza, did not care for the crust)

Leaving the ship, this needs some work. I would guess that over half of the ship decided to do Self-Assist, this needs to be limited somewhat. The FTTF and grouped with the Diamond/Platinum and you can only leave after self assist if you wish for Carnival to carry off your bags. It was after 10am when we were off/outside in the garage waiting for a ride.

If anyone has any questions I will be glad to answer them for you.

Up next for us is the Carnival Valor, and my first Platinum Cruise. We have done this trip twice and love it, and for us, the best part is only one sea day.

• 4 months later...

Hi BenjiRodney, this a great review, and I will be going on this cruise in the near future. From your photos, my question is this: How did you get onto the wings of the bridge to take those photos? Is that publicly accessible or is that one of those "secret" areas I've read about? I will be in one of those balcony cabins that are clearly in view from your photo vantage point--guess I will have to keep that in mind when I'm on my balcony! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi BenjiRodney, this a great review, and I will be going on this cruise in the near future. From your photos, my question is this: How did you get onto the wings of the bridge to take those photos? Is that publicly accessible or is that one of those "secret" areas I've read about? I will be in one of those balcony cabins that are clearly in view from your photo vantage point--guess I will have to keep that in mind when I'm on my balcony! ;)

It is open to anyone, it one of my favorite places to go and take pictures. Go al the way forward where the V suites are and you should see a door leading outside to this area.

• 1 month later...

Interested in knowing more about how much you liked or didn't like Paradise. We are debating between Paradise and Fascination. We will be taking 2 teenagers and a 9 year old. Any input you have would be helpful. Also deciding between Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the Paradise as opposed to the Bahamas on the Fascination.

We just got off of the paradise.....dec.15th....it was great....loved everything.....we swam in grand cayman and the water was nice.....our servers and room guy were great.....the shows were very good....piano guy was great....the band was good....we enjoyed being on a smaller ship...the food was very good....I'm gluten free and they had the best gluten free bread!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My mom and I will be going at the end of April this year on Paradise. This will be my 5th and her 1st. My husband and I did the dream in September and unless it's a killer deal I don't think we will purposely book a "bigger ship". We did the Ecstasy in January 2013 and we found it nice as well. Thank you to the original review and other posts, I'm looking forward to getting to relax w/ my mom!

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Interested in knowing more about how much you liked or didn't like Paradise. We are debating between Paradise and Fascination. We will be taking 2 teenagers and a 9 year old. Any input you have would be helpful. Also deciding between Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the Paradise as opposed to the Bahamas on the Fascination.

Paradise is my least favorite ship in terms of how she is decorated. Lots of wood and darker compared to the others. I like the neon and lights glitz and glamour. But that in no way diminished from the cruise, any day at sea is a good day for me. I would take this itinerary any day over a stop in Nassau.

We did Cozumel in Jan on the Imagination and May on the Paradise.

Grand Cayman we did an Island tour that went to the "Hell" sent everyone postcards marked from Hell, and the Turtle Farm, you can even interact with the baby turtles. And a brief stop at a beach to get some pictures of the ship at anchor. The Dolphin Encounter is across the street from the Turtle Farm. I would like to do Sting Ray City next trip.

Cozumel 1st time we did the Ancient Culture and Island Sightseeing that goes to the ruins on the Island, very informative about the Mayan culture.

On the 2nd visit we took a cab downtown and walked around and shopped. Vendors were more pushy there as we were one of only 2 ships in that day.

Water has been excellent in May and Jan, it was hotter in Jan than May. Just our experience.

Next year we are going in November on the Conquest.

Dolphins swims/encounters are available in both locations. :)

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just ask and I'll try to answer. Roger

• 4 months later...

Really hate to necro an old thread.. the price for the memorial weekend cruise is super cheap..I am so scared by the reviews of paradise, i was afraid of the breeze reviews also... And i regret being cheap and going on the breeze, it was horrible overall. The ship was new and lots to do, but the lines were crazy for food.

Paradise was great in late January 2014.

Remember - a lot of it is what you make of it. There are grumpy people in this world who are unhappy with everything and would find something to complain about in any situation. Not saying all complaints are illegitimate, but consider that some are and read reviews (both good and bad) with a grain of salt.

Thanks, it is a very good price, i mean it's less than 150 a day. 2 sea days kinda sucks.But, it's either pay more for 3 days out of port canaveral a week later on the enchantment or this. I've taken 2 carnival cruises. Legend was 2nd best cruise i've ever taken. I've taken 2 RCL Monarch + Freedom and 1 NCL and to be honest, Obviously Freedom was best hands down, but Legend was 2nd best, and then NCL/Monarch and then breeze in last. We just need some time away with quiet. Which was my favorite part about breeze, i could escape on deck 4-5 i forget and barely saw anyone.

See, here's a great example of how different people can see the same thing very differently.

You said "2 sea days kinda sucks" -- personally I like sea days. Clean air, a light breeze, warm sunshine, and a chair at the aft of the Verandah deck and I'm happy as a clam. Sit, chat with my wife, read a book (kindle), people-watch. To me that's a perfect day! :D

This is definitely the sort of thing to consider when reading other people's reviews.