Carnival Paradise May 18th-23rd 2013

BenjiRodney

The turtles ranged in all ages and sizes, Sparky was one of the largest, she was 70 years old and weighed in at 600 lbs. She did not want to surface so I did not get a good shot of her. They do allow you to hold the 6 month old turtles.

We arrived earlier than 11 as we were off the ship prior to 11 am. Since we were just here in Jan 2013, we had no specific plans other than to eat at Three Amigos and to take a taxi downtown.

In Jan we did the Ancient Culture/Ruins and Island Sightseeing tour, it was very informative and a nice tour.

This was in a central plaza downtown Cozumel. It was kind of unnerving at all of the people cat calling you to come into their stores, buy this, you want this, how about this? We went into the stores that did not do this, that is where we spent out money.

IMG_6596_zpsebce842a.jpg

We spent a couple of hours looking around, got our pictures made with some very friendly parrots, and found a Starbucks to escape the heat for a few minutes. We saw the other two areas where cruise ships dock and I can say that Carnival and Puerta Maya is the best place to dock.

We made it back to the port and I saw a Harley store just outside the area and had to go get a Poker Chip, I have been collecting these in all of the ports that I can. I ran the bags back to the ship and came back off to do some more shopping. If you are looking for a Wi-Fi signal to check in, Try Los Cinco Soles, that is where we found a signal.

We stayed off until after 6pm, went back showered and changed and did dinner at Lido. Then I set out to watch the sunset and captured some it.

IMG_6688_zpscb038f75.jpg

Tried to give just a brief taste of this cruise.

Staff was exceptional, always smiling and talking to you. Captain was funny and willing to talk and take pictures with the passengers.

Only one small problem with the lights in the room and it was corrected by a ships electrician in a matter of minutes.