Booking Today vs. Tomorrow - Double Up Promotion

DivFam

We are planning a last minute cruise (final payment is due upon booking) and have a reservation on hold till tomorrow.

Ideally we would like to decide tomorrow (May 28), but would like to take advantage of the move up double up promotion, May 4-27. Since we have the reservation on hold, will we qualify for the promotion if we pay tomorrow? Or do we need to pay today (May 27)?

Also, does this promotion work on guaranteed staterooms?

Any advice if we should wait for any further promotions or discounting? And whether to book directly with Celebrity vs a TA?

Thank you!!

I would phone and ask about the guarantee category. I know with the 123 Go promotion, guarantees were not supposed to be included yet many of us got them. If your sailing and category is on the Exciting Deals list, it won't be eligible for the Move Up, Double Up or any other promotion.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

If you read the fine print at the bottom of the offer on the Celebrity website, it states what categories are eligible for the promo....guaranteed is not one of them as you are getting the lowest fares booking this way.

Incorrect. I booked a guarantee on the Silhouette and was able to get the double up double up program. My understanding is that there are certain guarantees (or Happy hour specials) that you cannot combine this with. For my cruise you definitely could. They have now offered an even lower guarantee rate which is not able to be combined however.

The best bet is to call Celebrity or your TA (who ever you are currently booked with) and get the specific answer. Since today is Memorial day however you may not be able to reach your TA and it's unlikely Celebrity will discuss your booking if you did book with a TA.

We are planning a last minute cruise (final payment is due upon booking) and have a reservation on hold till tomorrow.

Ideally we would like to decide tomorrow (May 28), but would like to take advantage of the move up double up promotion, May 4-27. Since we have the reservation on hold, will we qualify for the promotion if we pay tomorrow? Or do we need to pay today (May 27)?

Also, does this promotion work on guaranteed staterooms?

Any advice if we should wait for any further promotions or discounting? And whether to book directly with Celebrity vs a TA?

Thank you!!

Hi Div Fam,

From what you are describing, do you have an Exciting Deals offer ? If so, my guess is, you would not be eligible for the promotion, and retain your discounted price, as the promotion states not combinable with other offers.

If it's not an Exciting Deals offer, then you can ask if they will extend the booking until June 1 (which is unlikely as you are sailing on short notice), but it never hurts to ask.

My guess is, you wont be able to obtain the lower price, and obtain the promotion. Please let us know the outcome. Good Luck !

I just got off the phone with Celebrity, and apparently the fare I have on hold is classified as a "Happy Hour" fare and not eligible for the promotion.

Is it normal that they are trying to charge the same rate for all three passengers (instead of discounting the 3rd)?

Would the new June 1st promotion be applicable to us? Also, could we switch the reservation to a TA and receive OBC?

Thanks!!!

I find 3/4th passenger rates fluctuate and yes, can be as high as the 1 & 2nd especially on deeply discounted fares which is what Happy Hour is. Consider yourself lucky as guarantees available for more than 2 are often not available especially closer to sailing. Also, I have noticed the 3/4 rates for CC and above are usually higher than the rates for balcony and below.

Most likely the June 1st promo will not be available with the Happy Hour rate. Check to see if there is a standard, non-Happy Hour price. Maybe that, with a promotion will work out cheaper in the long run?

TA perks are usually out there. I am not sure if it is possible to transfer after final payment so if you do go that route, it might be wise to have the TA make the initial booking.

I just got off the phone with Celebrity, and apparently the fare I have on hold is classified as a "Happy Hour" fare and not eligible for the promotion.

Is it normal that they are trying to charge the same rate for all three passengers (instead of discounting the 3rd)?

Would the new June 1st promotion be applicable to us? Also, could we switch the reservation to a TA and receive OBC?

Thanks!!!

Hi Div Fam,

As I suspected, you are looking at an "Exciting Deals" offer - AKA Happy Hour promotion. I doubt they would allow you to add new perks to this promotion as it's not combinable. Even if it were possible, You also have the issue of holding off final payment until June 1 - which isnt going to happen on a Happy Hour. The only folks who can answer, is Celebrity... but I doubt you will make any progress.

As for switching your booking to a TA, if you plan to do that, you must do that before making final payment. Again, due to the necessity of doing everything quickly, it may be difficult to make the switch to a TA on very short notice.

I hope this helps. Good Luck !

Archived