please royal, don't follow carnival's idea

It has come to my attention that other than doing away with live poolside music, that CCL ships that get the 2.0 upgrade will no longer have live orchestras for the production shows...This is one thing that we really enjoy on our cruises...So please Royal, no piped in music..

It has come to my attention that other than doing away with live poolside music, that CCL ships that get the 2.0 upgrade will no longer have live orchestras for the production shows...This is one thing that we really enjoy on our cruises...So please Royal, no piped in music..

You are correct......no live music on deck and no live music at the shows. Sure hope they wise up and go back to that.

Not sure how much we will sail Carnival in the future, but this is one area that needs changing!

Also think this will change the demographics with RCL going after the over 40 and CCL marketing for the under 40 crowd.

It's no secret that CCL's main demographic has been and is the 1st time cruiser, which often means a younger, under 40 crowd (including young families). FWIW, I agree it's a bad decision for CCL to scale back (with the intention of eliminating) the live band in their main showrooms. I know they say they plan to move those bands (although scaled down) to other venues on the ships but they also cite crew living space as a concern so who knows what will happen? Glad RCI is keeping the live bands though. :)

We were very surprised (unpleasantly) to discover there wasn't a show band on the HAL Noordam on our Southern Caribbean cruise.:( I thought it had a negative impact on the quality of the shows.

Completely agree. Live music really makes the whole cruise experience.

I love sitting poolside and watching and listening to the band. And what's the point of going to one of the clubs at night if there's no band to see?

Archived