Hampton INN downtown Vancouver can we walk to the pier?

texasnana

Wondering how far it is? I looked on googlemaps but hard to tell if I can tote two rolling suitcases? Also it is near the skylink from the airport? Anyone stayed there?

It's a fair hike from the pier and the Canada line. To get to the pier you'll have to climb a small hill and then roll downhill . You could take the Sky Train to the pier after about a two block walk.

It is walkable and pretty much all downhill. The Stadium/Chinatown station of SkyTrain is about 2 blocks from the hotel...... but better yet, they offer a free shuttle within the downtown area and Canada Place.

Wondering how far it is? I looked on googlemaps but hard to tell if I can tote two rolling suitcases? Also it is near the skylink from the airport? Anyone stayed there?

The hotel's own free shuttle, or a taxi are probably your best bet. It's two blocks from Stadium Skytrain station on Expo/Millennium Line, which would drop you off 1/2 block from Canada Place. Skytrain is the collective name given to all of the elevated and subway light rail systems, the three lines being "Expo" (to Burnaby/New Wesminster/Surrey), "Millennium" (to East Vancouver/Burnaby) and "Canada" (to Richmond/YVR). So named because the bulk of the track outside of downtown is elevated (but absolutely nothing to do with Freddie)

The hotel's own free shuttle, or a taxi are probably your best bet. It's two blocks from Stadium Skytrain station on Expo/Millennium Line, which would drop you off 1/2 block from Canada Place. Skytrain is the collective name given to all of the elevated and subway light rail systems, the three lines being "Expo" (to Burnaby/New Wesminster/Surrey), "Millennium" (to East Vancouver/Burnaby) and "Canada" (to Richmond/YVR). So named because the bulk of the track outside of downtown is elevated (but absolutely nothing to do with Freddie)

This hotel has a free shuttle to the port? If so, does the hotel allow for your car to be parked there for the duration of the cruise? Just trying to find a lesser cost than at the pier. Thanks!

This hotel has a free shuttle to the port? If so, does the hotel allow for your car to be parked there for the duration of the cruise? Just trying to find a lesser cost than at the pier. Thanks!

The Coast Plaza Hotel have a park and cruise deal, and will cover the cost of your taxi to the cruise terminal http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/vancouver/coast-plaza-hotel-and-suites/deals/

as well as the Accent Inns in Richmond (near the Airport), and in Burnaby (just east of Vancouver) http://www.accentinns.com/blog/2011/bcs-accent-inns-offer-park-n-cruise-ski-packages/ who also include transportation.

The Coast Plaza Hotel have a park and cruise deal, and will cover the cost of your taxi to the cruise terminal http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/vancouver/coast-plaza-hotel-and-suites/deals/

as well as the Accent Inns in Richmond (near the Airport), and in Burnaby (just east of Vancouver) http://www.accentinns.com/blog/2011/bcs-accent-inns-offer-park-n-cruise-ski-packages/ who also include transportation.

Thank you. I just called Accent. It is a good deal, my only concern is safety since an outdoor parking. Are you familiar with the area? Thanks again.

Thank you. I just called Accent. It is a good deal, my only concern is safety since an outdoor parking. Are you familiar with the area? Thanks again.

I am quite familiar with the area and have been in some of the rooms...while there is never a 100% guarantee wherever you park, I would not hesitate to leave my car in their lot.

Neither of them will have a safety issue with outdoor parking. The Richmond one is right along the main highway into Vancouver, and the Burnaby one is in a warehouse district that is the main movie studio area of town. Neither have a lot to do nearby, but if you're just staying overnight prior to a cruise either would work. That doesn't mean there's nothing nearby, there's a couple of decent choices for restaurants near the Burnaby one (such as Earls), and it's only a couple of blocks from Gilmore Skytrain Station on the Millennium Line.

I am quite familiar with the area and have been in some of the rooms...while there is never a 100% guarantee wherever you park, I would not hesitate to leave my car in their lot.

Neither of them will have a safety issue with outdoor parking. The Richmond one is right along the main highway into Vancouver, and the Burnaby one is in a warehouse district that is the main movie studio area of town. Neither have a lot to do nearby, but if you're just staying overnight prior to a cruise either would work. That doesn't mean there's nothing nearby, there's a couple of decent choices for restaurants near the Burnaby one (such as Earls), and it's only a couple of blocks from Gilmore Skytrain Station on the Millennium Line.

I personally won't leave my car at the Burnaby location . They have had issues with break ins done by people coming and going on the skytrain.

We are leaving our car it the Richmond location for our cruise in a week.

I personally won't leave my car at the Burnaby location . They have had issues with break ins done by people coming and going on the skytrain.

We are leaving our car it the Richmond location for our cruise in a week.

I parked my car every day on the street in the area (I worked 2 blocks from the Accent Inn), and so did a lot of co-workers. No one had issues.

I parked my car every day on the street in the area (I worked 2 blocks from the Accent Inn), and so did a lot of co-workers. No one had issues.

Hotel warned us that there is about 12 breakins into cars at the hotel every month.

Hotel warned us that there is about 12 breakins into cars at the hotel every month.

Then I suggest the Home Depot parking lot a block away, I know a lot of people who park there (and work nearby) and haven't had issues

Interesting, I just phoned the property and they say that they don't have a problem at all, in fact they have in house and contracted security that patrols their lot night and day. I really can't imagine any hotel telling anyone that about 12 cars are broken into monthly.:confused:

What are you basing that comment on - lots of people daily are walking with their luggage in the downtown core - either from the Caanda Line stations to their hotel or from their hotel to the port.

Cheers!

Dennis

Regarding car breakins, while the areas you mention sound relatively safe, keep in mind that Vancouver in general has a very high rate of car smash and grabs. Be sure to never leave anything of value visible, nothing that can even be mistaken for valuable. I used to live in the West End and it was standard procedure to leave the glove box and center console standing open so prowlers could see there was nothing there. This is more relevant for parking near downtown and Stanley park then a fenced hotel lot in the suburbs.

Regarding car breakins, while the areas you mention sound relatively safe, keep in mind that Vancouver in general has a very high rate of car smash and grabs. Be sure to never leave anything of value visible, nothing that can even be mistaken for valuable. I used to live in the West End and it was standard procedure to leave the glove box and center console standing open so prowlers could see there was nothing there. This is more relevant for parking near downtown and Stanley park then a fenced hotel lot in the suburbs.

Most hotels in the suburbs don't use fenced lots for long term parking. The only one I have found is the Hampton Inn in Richmond near the airport . They have become to expensive.

Archived