Jeans in dinning room Questions please!

mabell2

Maybe leave the price tag on them? :D That is more than I paid for my suit! ;)

It does say "Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn".

How it's enforced may vary & my experience has been that crew uses discretion on how it's enforced. Those with nice frayed jeans with a collared shirt would more likely be allowed than someone wearing a ragged tee-shirt.

Anything is okay as if it's "nice"!:p

Jeans in good condition are allowed in the dining room on Smart Casual nights. Whether they are appropriate or not is a moot point: they're allowed. Perhaps it's a generational or geographic difference whether one feels jeans should be allowed. It doesn't matter. It's done, it's in print. .

Exactly! It doesn't matter what any of us think about it. Jeans are allowed!

LuLu

~~~~

To answer the OP's question, without getting involved in the squabbling...

Nice jeans are certainly acceptable in the MDR, especially on Alaska cruises. My DH and I have both worn our nice dark-wash bootcut jeans (mine were trouser-type) to the MDR on our Alaska and European cruises.

Jeans are really not appropriate for the formal night(s), if only out of respect for those who want to savor the formal atmosphere and who may be seated at the same table as you. Some Maitre' d's will enforce the "rule", some will not.

If packing the clothes for formal night would cause you to have to pay more for airline baggage fees, I certainly understand why you would want to avoid it. We try to never have to check any luggage.

Whatever you decide to do, have a great trip!

Archived