Florence & San Gimignano in one day?

jane02

We will be in Livorno on the Oceania Rivieria in August and looking at some tour options. We have visited Florence about ten years ago but thought it would be worthwhile to revisit as I remember it being wonderful.

Papillon Tours offer a combined Florence & S.G. tours. Is this too much for one day? We like to relax, wander around, shop, stop for a nice lunch rather than being rushed. Is there enough to entertain us in Florence or should we consider a side trip to S.G?

Thanks

Kellie

This is going to sound rude but it isn't meant to be. Unless you've either been to Florence multiple times and/or for a long period of time, or unless you're not at all interested in the Renaissance in Italy, there will be plenty to keep your interest for a day.

If you try to jam in San Gimignano you'll shortchange both places. Pick one or the other.

This is going to sound rude but it isn't meant to be. Unless you've either been to Florence multiple times and/or for a long period of time, or unless you're not at all interested in the Renaissance in Italy, there will be plenty to keep your interest for a day.

If you try to jam in San Gimignano you'll shortchange both places. Pick one or the other.

I agree, I would pick an all day trip to Florence in a heart beat!

Thanks for that - I didn't find your comments rude at all. Very helpful in fact.:)

Archived