Excursions

just wondering 13

Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallin, Riga, Klaipeda,Copenhagen, Berlin, Amsterdam, Bruges.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I'm assuming you're on the Nautica cruise on August 1st. You will find an active group of your fellow cruisers at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1701046

They are looking for others to join the tours and excursions that are being planned.

Have a great time. We did the Baltic in 2012 and enjoyed many of the same ports. Private excursions organized by your fellow cruisers is definitely the way to go.

I agree that you are better off going to your roll call to find excursions.

But just in case you're still looking here!

Some passengers prefer to be "safe" with ship's tours, others of us prefer doing our own. Economically, you're better off with a private tour. And it will be with a smaller group.

But in St. Petersburg, if you don't have a visa -- and most don't -- then you either need a ship's tour or a private tour with one of the groups that many people recommend because they provide you with a group visa (Red October, Denrus, etc. -- I'm not making any recommendations.) Just don't think you can walk off on your own, because you cannot!

I'm not making a recommendation because when we were in St. P. it was on Renaissance in May '01 and we had a very private guide with our own visa.

So check the roll call to see if you can hook up with some other passengers. OR, if you feel safer, just deal with ship's tours.

Mura

I agree with Mura about hiring a private or small group guide in St Petersburg.

We found Stockholm, Helsinki, Talinn, Coperhagen, Amsterdam, and Bruges very easy to tour on our own after a bit of research.

Archived