Yet Another Fun Pass ?

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading on here that sometimes the fun pass line is longer than the "non fun pass" line and sometimes it maybe quicker in this line.

My question is... if you fill your fun pass out online and you go to the line where those who did not fill out their fun pass are supposed to go, are you going to get thru just as quickly as if you were in this line?:confused:

Hope this makes sense:confused::(

Out of Miami, Funpass line is Much faster, The Funpass line area is in the Terminal past the Security Xray machine. Make sure you tell the person that directs you in there I already have my Funpass or there is a sign that say Funpass here, and just go upstairs to pick up your S&S Cards.

Without a Funpass you will be standing there filling out the long forms before they can process you. Makes sense to have it before you go since those lines even if longer will move much faster. Ours was a breeze in Tampa last week on Miracle. Processed 9 in our group in 15 min. and all had the funpass.

We began to fill out the fun pass online when er realised my gf's name was spelt incorrectly. The correct spelling of her name has a hyphen and an "e" at the end but the info online has both of these missing.

Is this a big deal? I know with all the tight security they have nowadays this MAY be a HUGE PROBLEM. Since her passport will say one thing and the fun pass something else. Can anyone help/advise?

Thanks

I have been reading on here that sometimes the fun pass line is longer than the "non fun pass" line and sometimes it maybe quicker in this line.(

In Orlando the people with no funpass got on quicker than us. And I don't mean like 10-15 min. quicker. I'm talking 35-40 min. quicker.

I was also wondering if you fill out the funpass and you go to the pier and you see the line is quicker in the regular line can you just go in there.

Bajan, the last two cruises out of N.O., there's been a sign designating "Fun Pass" line. It was moving very quickly, as the regular line was about four times longer.

About the misspelling of the name on your Fun Pass, it really won't matter. It's not like it's an official document. They barely glance at your Fun Pass, so won't even notice a typo. All that really matters is that the cruise docs and the IDs match.

Thanks cotton... I was thinking the same thing, since it was not for customs/immigration or anything I figured it was no big deal but my gf wanted to be sure for peace of mind. You guys are always so helpful on this site!!:)

jrmafia...that was also what i wanted to find out...if you go to the "non completed" fun pass will it be a problem? I'm still not to sure but i'm sure someone will let us know before long.:)

Here's the scoop:

Usually the Fun Pass line is longer because so many people choose to fill out the paperwork online. But once these people get to the check-in counter, they check in faster because their information is already in the system.

The non-Fun Pass line is shorter because the majority of people have done the work online, and are over standing in the Fun Pass line. Non-Fun Pass people get to the check-in counter quicker, but it takes more time to check them in, because their info is not yet in the system. As for taking the time to fill out the paperwork at the pier, passengers can do that at home (the same documents are included with their cruise ticket), and bring it all with them to the pier, get into the Non-Fun Pass line, and check in.

Also, time spent in line can change depending upon which computer system the ship uses. Not all Carnival ships use the same computer program. Also, the amount of shoreside staff and terminal layout affect the time of check-in as well.

And by the way, the Fun Pass line/passengers are known as "Complete", and the non-Fun Pass line/passsngers are known as "Incomplete". The "Fun Pass" doesn't do anything, and has no value. It's just a term used for the confirmation that a passenger completed their info online.

there was no "fun pass" line. they lumped us all together and it sucked. we did ours ahead of time, so we didn't have to stand at the counter filling forms out, but it still sucked standing in line forever. next to getting off the ship, the embarkation process was one of the suckiest parts of the trip. good thing everything following was awesome. :)

...because she is probably right. However, check your documents (the written/email confirmation from the TA) to make sure the Funpass isn't wrong due to the docs being wrong. If it is wrong in the docs you may very well have problems with security. It is free to make any changes up until final payment, I believe. After that they charge you like $50 to make a change, so don't wait until you get your real docs to make sure it is right.

What is a fun pass?

At Carnival.com you can create a login, add your cruise reservation number, than use "Funpass" to add the additional boarding infor about your passengers online. Basically it just saves you having to fill out the paper docs and having the agent enter that info at boarding. (Some or most ports also have a shorter line for these people, which is the topic of this thread.)

We cruised on the Fascination this May and there were not two lines, just one long one. I told the guy that we already had our Fun Pass filled out and he looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about. He just said everyone goes in that line. Oh well, we didn't have to wait too long, but I just thought it was odd that they stress filling it out beforehand, and then make everyone stand in the same line. Hopefully we won't have to wait in line too long for our Valor cruise in 45 days!!!!!!!!:D

At Carnival.com you can create a login, add your cruise reservation number, than use "Funpass" to add the additional boarding infor about your passengers online. Basically it just saves you having to fill out the paper docs and having the agent enter that info at boarding. (Some or most ports also have a shorter line for these people, which is the topic of this thread.)

Thank you! :)

...because she is probably right. However, check your documents (the written/email confirmation from the TA) to make sure the Funpass isn't wrong due to the docs being wrong. If it is wrong in the docs you may very well have problems with security. It is free to make any changes up until final payment, I believe. After that they charge you like $50 to make a change, so don't wait until you get your real docs to make sure it is right.

Thanks Mike... I will check that as well just to be safe. I am also a first time cruiser. You guys on this board are awesome

When I cruised on the Miracle last fall, I did not complete my fun pass prior to embarkation. My cousin and I simply got in the 'incomplete' line (we were the only ones in that line!) and waited for the next available rep to help us. We had our paperwork filled out and were on the ship having a foo foo drink :D about 1/2 hour before our friends who had completed their fun pass!

BUT the Carnival website says it's a Dept. of Homeland Security requirement, so I'm not sure if I'll try that next cruise.:confused:

I probably should add my experience also. :D This is in Galveston at the end of April, boarding Elation from terminal 1. At Galveston there was a funpass sign, but it was in front of a roped off section with no line. There was a lady directing people to specific lines, and she did put us in a shorter line but I don't think it was due to the funpass being filled out. Took us about 15 minutes to get through the line at 11:15ish, which turned out to be about 15 minutes before boarding actually began. I don't know if they were using the funpass line before or after that time...

Still worth doing just to avoid waiting for the hunt-and-peck typist I always seem to get. :D If I wind up in a situation where there is no one in the non-funpass line, I'm there.

It is tough for me to buy the homeland security idea. I don't recall entering anything that would be important on that front. They do ask for flight info, but that is iffy. I did not have to enter (even optionally) passport numbers, which seems to me would be valuable in terms of checking the passenger list.

Mike

Archived