Train Stike on Jun.9

maodd

We have booked the train from Rome to Venice on Jun.9 (right after the cruise). If there is a strike, can we get the refunds from the Trenitalian? Is there any other train (i.e. Eurostar) or coach can we take to Venice?

Does any one have the updated strike information? Or how can I get the updated information? thanks.

If you are on either the 11:55 or 15:55 Frecciargento from Rome Termini to Venice, it's on the list of trains guaranteed to run in case of the strike occurring (along with several other Rome-Venice trains; not sure what you are currently booked on).

Here's a useful link. On this page you can find another link to the pdf showing what trains will run, as well as a link to a news page where any additional information on the strike (e.g., if it is cancelled or changed) will be posted a couple of days in advance.

http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/italy_transport_strikes/

Thank you very much. I booked 5 tickets @ 10:35 am from Rome to Vennice.

In the Trenitalian website, it said that it will announce strike information 2 days before the strike, however, we are in the cruise that time.

I couldn't find the contact email to Tranitalian, only phone#. Is it necessary for me to call the Trenitalian to change the tickets or Trenitalian will automatically re-arrange the passengers? No experence on the Euro strike, I fell a little panic.

If you see a sign at the train station that says SCIOPERO, that means there is a strike and no service will be provided.

To a point. As noted by Cruisemom above, there are some trains that are guaranteed to run during a strike.

Unless the OP has already arranged a car service to go from Civitavecchia to Termini, even with a guaranteed train from Rome to Florence they'd be stuck because the trains from Civitavecchia are not among those guaranteed to run.

Archived