I survived Alaska on Celebrity with a toddler!

SloanesMommy

Hey all,

Just returned from a 7 night Alaska cruise on the Celebrity Solstice from May 17th-24th. We traveled with our whole family - my parents, my sister and her husband, my husband and our 23 month old. It was not easy to bring her on vacation with us, but it was doable and definitely fun. I won't post a whole review of cruising with a toddler here, but if anyone has specific questions about bringing a toddler to Alaska or on Celebrity, please ask!!!

There were not that many kids onboard our sailing, maybe a total of 20, and only a handful of toddlers. Thus, the staff was oohing and aahing over our daughter. They were very accommodating. They all wanted to know her name and called her by name each night. The main dining room had a separate kids menu with the usual choices for kids - chicken fingers, hot dog, grilled chicken strips, hamburger and with sides of french fries or various veggies. By the second night, the waiter had her high chair ready. The beverage server had juice already at the table. And the waiters asked if they could prepare something off of the regular adult menu for her and make it into baby food. One night, they went all the way up to the buffet on the 14th floor and had pasta with parmesan and butter made especially for her (no pasta on menu in main dining room that night). We did the early seating for dinner at 6 pm and dinners were long (usually lasted until 8). One thing that saved us during dinners was bringing our iPad along each night and letting her watch movies that we had uploaded before the trip. She behaved herself 90% of the time with this trick.

Archived