Post Offices, PEI and Gaspe

Are there post offices in Charlottetown and Gaspe? Where are they located in relation to the port? We will also be in Quebec City, but that's on Sunday and Monday, Thanksgiving Day, so I'm assuming the post offices will be closed. Some of my friends, especially the Anne-ophiles, would like to get postcards from Canada.

Thanks,

Kathy

Buy some stamps at the first Canadian port

You can buy a 6 pack (for mail to USA) at Shopper's Drug Mart front counter or other outlets

For locations check

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/fpo/personal/findPostOffice

Some stores have a postal outlet so just look for the postal sign

Mail boxes are RED in Canada

LHT28 provides good advice. You can buy stamps in many stores that aren't post offices. Drug stores and many tourist stores will carry them. And even if the post offices are closed on Thanksgiving Monday, you will find that if the post office is enclosed in a larger store, they will still sell you stamps, although you may have to buy a booklet of 5 instead of an individual stamp. Be sure to let them know whether you are sending your postcards to Canada, the US or over seas as each will cost a different amount. A standard letter (less then 30g) is currently $0.63 in Canada, $1.10 to the US and $1.85 overseas.

CanPosts logo looks like this...

Canada-Post-logo.jpg

And the post boxes for outgoing mail look like this....

letterboxes.jpg

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I hadn't thought about corner mailboxes. We have them everywhere in the US, but I have home delivery, so I never use them. It's good to know about the various postage rates and how easy it is to find stamps.

Kathy

Archived