Icy cold vodka available

DUHCAR

I would submit that in a blind taste test, the self-proclaimed afficionados would choose Smirnoff over any other.

My pocket wishes…

My parents had some at their place for my daughter…

she took her bottle of absolute…

we did the substitute…

she said the cranberry was off! Then sniffed went um…. no…… what cheap "insert expletive" did you buy?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, first time Seabourn cruiser... so I just made my 2 selections for stocking our suite's minibar--picked Vodka and wine. My question is, does that mean there will not be mixers (juice, soda, etc)? One of the options for the minibar menu was Water/Juice, so I was curious if I need to check Vodka + Water/Juice, or if the minibar will have mixers. They can't possibly assume I'd be doing vodka shots all week right? thanks!! :-)

The easiest thing to do is once you are in your suite and have met your stewardess review the contents of the minifrig and tell her what substitutions you would like her to make. We had a bit of a go round on our recent cruise when we had asked for rose and got white zinfandel( OK "technically" rose but not really !). Finally we got the real rose.But frankly it is not a big deal since we almost never drink in our suite. Walked of the ship after 17 days with the other bottle of wine and welcome bottle of champagne untouched.Much more fun to drink at the Sky Bar with new friends.

I will second what Chairsin just said, but will add that the fridge is stocked with mixers/juice etc. We always stipulate Tonic Water and fresh orange juice in addition to our bottles of Cognac and Gin. Usually find the fridge stocked with Coca Cola, Soda Water and other mixers and just tell the stewardess to keep the tonic stocked up and a jug of fresh juice daily.

First Seabouirn cruise asked for wine, but found that it we hardly touched it. Poured at lunch & dinner, and available at all bars throughout the day.

We generally just mix ourselves a G & T while dressing for dinner, and have a cognac nightcap. Most other imbibing at one of the bars.

Edited by Flamin_June

Sounds perfect! I read on another thread that someone managed to get Hendricks in their minibar--I'm guessing that is not one of their included liquors though, probably have to pay extra for that, right?

Sounds perfect! I read on another thread that someone managed to get Hendricks in their minibar--I'm guessing that is not one of their included liquors though, probably have to pay extra for that, right?

Request Hendricks in advance using the online beverage form ("comments" section) and you will most likely have a bottle in your mini-fridge when you board - I've received it on my past two SB cruises at no surcharge. The stewardess even brought sliced cucumber to accompany it.

If you don't request Hendrick's in advance, you may or may not get it. Getting a decent bottle of tequila is more challenging ...