Icy cold vodka available

DUHCAR

Yes but it's usually the Bar Brand that is served, not even Smirnoff, Belvedere or Kettle One....but it's icy cold!

Thanks. I'm not a big vodka drinker so better brands may be lost on me, but not even Smirnoff -- wow they really are cheap these days.

Thanks. I'm not a big vodka drinker so better brands may be lost on me, but not even Smirnoff -- wow they really are cheap these days.

On a recent SeaDream cruise a friend of ours (big vodka fan) reported quite shocked that the only vodka pour at that time was Smirnoff!:eek: A great vodka shortage?? The better brands were re stocked later in his cruise making him happy.:D

The brand I have seen most in the bars as a regular vodka is Absolut, which I believe is quite good. However, they do also have Belvedere and Grey Goose (my personal favourite) available included - and Grey Goose is about £35 a 70 cl. bottle in the UK. I occasionally have one straight up, well chilled, and like the flavour, which I cannot say about any others.

Yes but it's usually the Bar Brand that is served, not even Smirnoff, Belvedere or Kettle One....but it's icy cold!

If you want Ketel One just ask for it, they always have it in the observation bar. I can't imagine drinking a martini made with Smirnoff....rock gut.

On a recent SeaDream cruise a friend of ours (big vodka fan) reported quite shocked that the only vodka pour at that time was Smirnoff!:eek: A great vodka shortage?? The better brands were re stocked later in his cruise making him happy.:D

I have to say this was just one of the things we disliked about Seadream - don't remember vodka, but unless you paid extra the only cognac was Martell, and the only single malt was Glenfiddich. We both thought this was pretty mean of them, as these do not compare with, say, Remy Martin or some of the other malts available included on Seabourn.

I would submit that in a blind taste test, the self-proclaimed afficionados would choose Smirnoff over any other.

I used to make a few $$$ in college doing the "blind taste test" with beer. I have to agree with you. Marketing is wonderful.:eek::D

OK with me, Duhcar, so long as "blind tasting" doesn't refer to our condition by the end of the evening . . . And I'll keep an eye out for the Stoli Elit!

What happens on the Pride, stays on the Pride........

• 11 months later...

I would not call myself a vodka expert but I do like Chase vodka in my very dry (Churchill) martini. I would be very disappointed if the bar only had Smirnoff. One question I would like to ask is how flexible or skilled are the bar staff in making unusual cocktails?

If you want Ketel One just ask for it, they always have it in the observation bar. I can't imagine drinking a martini made with Smirnoff....rock gut.

I think it's "rotgut.";)

Edited by zich6

I would not call myself a vodka expert but I do like Chase vodka in my very dry (Churchill) martini. I would be very disappointed if the bar only had Smirnoff. One question I would like to ask is how flexible or skilled are the bar staff in making unusual cocktails?

I always ask for something that the staff is not familiar with, (not on purpose, just usually what is a local drink in the current location, Pain Killer in Jost anyone?) usually a local drink, the Sky Bar expert always found a way to make it almost perfect. Bar staff goes the extra mile or 3.