Just got offered first ever 'upsell'

chees

Booked Alaska Inside Passage cruise at lowest inside guarantee (NN) for my daughter and me during height of the season. After final payment, during their flash sale, requested an upgrade due to price drop so TA called HAL and was able to get us an obstructed view outside guarantee (GG). Just got a call from the TA for an upsell to a verandah (VH) for $99 per person. BINGO!!!!!! Never had an upsell offer before -- we are thrilled.

FYI that they also offered an upsell to a suite (the lower level of the two) for $249 per person, which we did not take.

Can't wait to return to Alaska. The Inside Passage (to the east of Vancouver Island) is my favorite and although I've been to Alaska five times, this will be the first visit to Glacier Bay. Can't wait!!!!

Tina

WOW!!!! Those were fabulous offers. Congratulations!

We've never had an upsell call but did get an upgrade once (on the cruise we had to cancel for health reason, rats).

As i said, this is the first time we've received an upsell offer. I have been fortunate enough to be upgraded on HAL twice. Once on our first cruise to Alaska and we found out when we boarded. It was my two sisters and me on Statendam(?) and they upgraded us from an inside to an outside.

When my husband plus three of my sibs and my SIL sailed Veendam from Rio around the Horn and into Antarctica, they upgraded both my husband and I, and my two sisters (who shared a cabin), from outside cabins to verandahs. Needless to say, we were all thrilled, although we spent most of our time in the Crow's Nest starting at 5pm every morning. The weather was sunny one day, foggy one, and snowing one day, so we got to experience everything. It was funny to see snow on the stack of chaise lounges and on our verandah. The crew who had never seen snow went nuts. We could hear them pounding around on the deck above us--throwing snowballs and making snow angels. Very fun!

Tina

Archived