Norwegian Gem Boarding Time

js17

Hello,

We were scheduled to go on the RCI Grandeur of the Seas cruise on 6/14, but due to the fire I was thinking of trying Norwegian on the Gem cruise to the Bahamas on 6/15, but I was thinking of taking a bus to the pier that arrives at 12:50 pm and it says the ship departs at 3:00. I was just wondering if that's too late to arrive at the pier or not?

Thanks! :D:D

get there earlier

that way you can enjoy a nice sit down lunch in the MDR instead of the cattle line at the buffet

or book a suite and have lunch at Cagneys

the GEM is a beautiful ship

enjoy!!!!!

I suppose you could do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. What if something delays you? You must check in at least 90 minutes prior, or be denied boarding. Your arrival is simply cutting it too close. If you do attempt it, be sure you have good trip insurance.....

I was on the Gem a few weeks ago. Normally I get to the pier around 10-10:30.

We didn't get there until 1pm this time as the person I was picking up at the airport was delayed.

We waited in line almost 90 min and got on just in time for the muster drill....

NEVER AGAIN :mad::(:eek:

Thanks so much for your responses :D

I'm looking forward to sailing on the Gem and have decided to go with my gut feeling and get there earlier, which means driving through NYC, hopefully they won't be too much traffic

Thanks

We are sailing on the Gem tomorrow and today/yesterday kept getting robocalls telling us to be at the pier for check in at 9:30, and they hope to have everything wrapped up by 2 pm for the 3 pm sailing...I think you should plan on getting there earlier...

Archived