Teenagers in Bars

JavaHutBum

Last year my niece who was 14yrs old didn't feel comfortable with the kid carnival crowd and hung with us. She got so bored one night she went to the room a 9:30 to listen to her ipod. My husband and I found some karaoke that was hilarious and went and dragged her to it. She stayed there with us until around 1130, she wasn't drinking anything, and acted older then most the adults that were in there. No one said anything to her or us, I don't think anyone even noticed, it was pretty crowded.

Can kids be in bars in Virginia ? Here in NJ its the law under 21 cannot sit at the bar ,why should it be different for cruise ships. Its inappropriate no matter how one tries to justify it

Wind and pish. Wind and pish.

Got your attention with that title, didn't I?

No, I'm not promoting underage drinking, but I am wondering about any restrictions on teens using or visiting public rooms labeled " bars." I understand they can use the disco up until 11, but what if they want to hear the music in the piano bar or check out a game in the sports bar? My guess is there are no restrictions ( after all, isn't the whole ship one big bar?) but wanted to be sure. Are there restrictions? Is their presence " frowned upon" by crew or bar patrons?

We'll be on Victory June 20.

Mark

The Piano Bar is open to all, but be aware that the songs may get raunchier and the language more colorful as the night progresses.

On our Dream cruise in April 2011, James Quigley was our piano player. We had the best time! We were drinking at a pretty good clip and the singing definitely got nastier after 10:00. It was not a good environment for young kids. But it was fantastic for adults.

Happy cruise.

If my teens are sitting in a lounge with me and DW behaving themselves and not drinking alcohol, and the cruiseline allows it. Then I don't care what Joe Blow at the next table thinks about it.

Should children sit at a bar ? Certainly not very young ones.

Then again as a child ,my grandfather and uncle owned a little neighborhood shot and a beer, corner joint. There were plenty of Saturday afternoons I spent having my roast beef sandwich and Shirley Temple at the bar watching the ball game and all the regulars playing darts and pool. Granted it was all my family and regular patrons that were all friends.

Probably heard more jokes about the Rabbi, the one legged Jockey and the Playboy Bunny than some people here would think appropriate . But I somehow managed to grow up and be a productive member of society.

There are no restrictions on where a child can sit in one of the bars or lounges (except for some shows, that is). If a child wishes to sit at the bar and have his soda or watch the band, that is perfectly acceptable and allowable on board ship, no matter what some people may think.

I'm not saying I go out of my way to curse, but an F-bomb here or there is bound to come out with my buddies and I talking.

The OP was asking about teens. I think any kid who has been in a school can handle it!

Archived