Possible cabin change by Carnival...

travrn

I booked three OS's for myself and my two sons and their families on Victory at Thanksgiving. I have them all booked in a row so we can have the partitions removed and enjoy each other's companies. One of my sons has decided not to take their 2yo. I called Carnival and the agent told me there was a possibility that their cabin can be changed because it is a cabin designated for 3 passengers. There are currently no 2 passenger cabins but they said they if someone cancels their 2 person suite, they may be moved and it can occur up to one week before the cruise. This puts a damper on what was a wonderful idea to have us all together on the ship. I'm somewhat stressing out about this. I want this to be a perfect cruise since they are first time cruisers and I'm hoping to get them hooked! Also, I found out from the agent that my other son's cabin is a 4 person cabin and he may also be moved. I wish they would have told me this when I originally booked. All the sites I went to say they are 3 person suites. I may be willing to take a hit on the fare for my grandson who won't be cruising by not telling Carnival he won't be there until we get to the port ($450!) to have this experience with my family, but if they move my 2nd son, we will not have the three cabins in a row. Sorry this is so long, but has this happened to anyone and what is my recourse? Is there anyone higher up I can contact to help me in Carnival?

Did you link all three cabins? This would make them aware that you are all traveling together.

Id say the chances are so slim that one cabin could be moved, I would quit worrying about it. Just make sure all three cabins are linked.

How much are they charging for the 2 yo? I would just not tell them that they are not coming and let it go if it's worth the $$ to you to stay together or, if you have insurance, remove them the day before cruising.

Did you link all three cabins? This would make them aware that you are all traveling together.

Id say the chances are so slim that one cabin could be moved, I would quit worrying about it. Just make sure all three cabins are linked.

Agreed!

OP - you want it clear on all of the reservations that the 3 cabins are traveling together! ;)

How much are they charging for the 2 yo? I would just not tell them that they are not coming and let it go if it's worth the $$ to you to stay together or, if you have insurance, remove them the day before cruising.

That won't work - unless they have cancel for "any reason" insurance. :cool:

If you have 4 in one cabin, just move one person in the other cabin to make it a cabin for "3" on paper. They don't know where that person sleeps. If the 2 year old isn't going that would solve it. Now technically both of those cabins have 3 people in them. If I read the first post correct. I read it kinda fast! :)

Depending on what rate you booked, you might be able to cancel the 2 year old now and get your money back since the final payment due date hasn't occurred yet.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the cabins all being adjacent. If it were my family, I think everyone would benefit from having some time apart each day.

I agree with D4, as it's nice to be together, on the same deck, and close by, I like to be apart from the family sometimes. I have seen families with connecting or adjacent cabins and balconies knock on the door, and when the person didn't answer, knock or walk through the balcony door.

The agent gave you incorrect information. There are no occupancy restrictions on suites.

The following Spoilage “Exceptions” will be permitted:

Family: Parents traveling with children under the age of 21 years –

Suites: For Suites (categories OB/JS/OS/VS/SS/GS/ES/CS), you may book any number of guests up to the maximum capacity of the particular suite – Contact xxxxxxxx for override, if necessary.

Spa Staterooms: All Spa Staterooms (categories 4S/6S/8P/8S/SS) may be booked with any number of guests up to the maximum capacity of that particular stateroom – Contact xxxxxxxx for override, if necessary.

Modified/Accessible Staterooms: In cases of disabled guests requiring a modified/accessible stateroom – Contact xxxxxxxxx for override, if necessary.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I e-mailed Carnival customer support and they told me I could cancel the 2yo and my suites would NOT be changed!! Yay! Love Carnival!!!

Archived