How long does it take from Long Beach to LAX?

firefly333

Miracle gets in at 9 am from the repo from Vancouver. I booked a 1:25 pm flight out of Los Angeles. Is this too early?

Anyone have any names of shuttles to get me to Los Angeles airport? SW does not fly out of Long Beach and I read here that there was some kind of shuttle I could take to LA.

Should I change it to a later flight? I have never done a cruise out of the West Coast before and the ship gets in kind of late to me.

That's the exact same time our flight leaves LAX after a Long Beach cruise. I sure hope its okay! I looked at Carnival's recommended flight times and I don't remember off the top of my head what time it was, but the 1:25 flight was within that time. You'll have to let me know how it works out for you since you are sailing before me.

Miracle gets in at 9 am from the repo from Vancouver. I booked a 1:25 pm flight out of Los Angeles. Is this too early?

Anyone have any names of shuttles to get me to Los Angeles airport? SW does not fly out of Long Beach and I read here that there was some kind of shuttle I could take to LA.

Should I change it to a later flight? I have never done a cruise out of the West Coast before and the ship gets in kind of late to me.

Both times we've sailed out of Long Beach we've grabbed one of the shuttles that are lined up outside when you get off the ship. First time it was $16pp and was either Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. The last time we were approached by another company and offered a ride for something like $80. There were 5 of us and they said they'd leave as soon as we got in. Max time for both was less than 45 minutes.

We had early flights and had no trouble making them. I would feel totally comfortable with your flight. The traffic at that time of the morning was minimal :)

If it's a weekend, you are okay with that flight time. Prime Time or Super Shuttle are great - you can reserve ahead of time or just show up and they will fill up a van.

If it is a weekday...depending on the time of day, it could take a lot lot longer to get to the airport from the ship and vice versa.

If it's a weekend day, then you should be fine. You can take Super Shuttle. It's about a half hour away.

I believe its a wednesday.. so does that mean im in trouble?

My post said my flight is at 1:25 pm .. and the ship arrives at 9 am.

Is this enough time. I see some people saying dont book before Noon .. my flight is at 1:25 pm.

Im on the Miracle vancouver to long beach repo, it arrives on Oct 2nd, yep my caladar says its a wednesday.. so with two people saying Im fine if its a weekend .. when its a wednesday.. should I change to a later flight?

Im on the 15 day repo at the end of the alaskan season via 5 stops in Hawaii getting into Long Beach at 9 am .. seems late to me.

Sounds to me like people are saying that I am not allowing enough time?

I believe its a wednesday.. so does that mean im in trouble?

Once rush hour clears it should be okay...but if there is an accident or construction, look out. If you have any doubts, schedule later flight from LAX.

Once rush hour clears it should be okay...but if there is an accident or construction, look out. If you have any doubts, schedule later flight from LAX.

I have never cruised into this port.. so Im clueless.

So what you are saying is better to change it to a later time? ive already changed it once..SW is going to kill me. they charged me $2.50 last time to change it.. at least its not much to change.

so you think 1:25 isnt late enough?

I am VIP and will be the first one off the ship or close.. Ill be in line early.

You should be fine anytime after 1pm. On a good day with no traffic it should only take 30 minutes to get to LAX from Long Beach. If there is traffic hopefully the driver is listening to the traffic reports and goes around them.

Rush hour can be an all day event in LA sometimes.

Generally rush hour ends around 9am or so. In the port areas there are the Semis to deal with, but not too bad.

You should be fine anytime after 1pm. On a good day with no traffic it should only take 30 minutes to get to LAX from Long Beach. If there is traffic hopefully the driver is listening to the traffic reports and goes around them.

Rush hour can be an all day event in LA sometimes.

Generally rush hour ends around 9am or so. In the port areas there are the Semis to deal with, but not too bad.

thanks.. so you think its safe to leave it as it is? I didnt realize I would be cutting it so close until I saw the ship didnt get in until 9 am.

Hopefully, its easy to spot the shuttles when I get off the ship.

I

so you think 1:25 isnt late enough?

I am VIP and will be the first one off the ship or close.. Ill be in line early.

Do self-disembark. That will save some time. Or ask Carnival for earliest zone.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

yea, as above Im platinum and so will be VIP off the ship, as close to first walking off as I can.

So, you have done this and 1:25 pm should be plenty late enough to catch the flight. I dont think there is a charge for a later flight.. the later flight is the same price.

Some of these replies are kind of confusing me and I guess Im still worrying.

Firefly, I drive a semi truck around the Los Angeles area often and I think you will be ok with a 1:25pm flight.

thanks.

I kept reading posts.. well you will be ok, unless traffic backs up .. lots of buts sounds like.. and I was already nervous. someone else posted that I will have to wait for the shuttle to fill up even if Im off the ship first.

You could always take the cruise afterwards. It arrives on a Sunday. Traffic can be unpredictable on the weekdays. On previous Baja cruises, I've gotten off of the ship as early as 8am with a weekday arrival and passed the LAX area by 8:45am.

thanks.

I kept reading posts.. well you will be ok, unless traffic backs up .. lots of buts sounds like.. and I was already nervous. someone else posted that I will have to wait for the shuttle to fill up even if Im off the ship first.

The thing about LA traffic is even when there is a lot of traffic it still moves pretty fast. I can usually drive from downtown to the Inland Empire (~100 miles) in two hours no matter what time of day. i would not worry about. The shuttle should fill pretty fast, lots of cruisers will probably be heading to LAX. You could hire a taxi if you don't want to wait on the shuttle.

You could always take the cruise afterwards. It arrives on a Sunday. Traffic can be unpredictable on the weekdays. On previous Baja cruises, I've gotten off of the ship as early as 8am with a weekday arrival and passed the LAX area by 8:45am.

Now Im feeling completely confused.

Im booked on the repo from Vancounver to Long Beach. I booked a flight home on Oct 2nd.

What cruise afterwards on Sunday? I am trying to get home after 15 days on Miracle.

I do see you said you got off another ship at 8 am and passed by the airport 45 minutes later. ... so hopefully I dont need to worry.

The next flight is 30 minutes later..

Im on the 1:25, 5 hours and 10 minutes with change in MCI (I think thats NOLA)

there is a flight at 1:55 5 hours (plane change in Houston)

Then one at 5 pm. 3 hours and 35 minutes to get home..

Hi,

We live in the area and you should be fine with your times, if you use super shuttle or a car service going to LAX, you should be there in about hour with traffic and thirty minutes with no traffic. Have a great cruise.

thanks.. Im glad to read people who say I should be there in a hour. Im planning on trying to catch that shuttle which says I have to wait for it to be full, so thats another half a hour?

Ill have my tablet with kindle .. so plenty to read if I can just get to the airport.

Sorry to confuse you. I meant doing a B2B.

Oh, Im pushing my luck doing 15 days. By the time I fly into Seattle and get to Vancouver and home I will be gone almost 17 days and my parents have to plan doctors and stuff around when Im gone as I drive them everywhere.

I would love to go longer .. but this is the longest I will have been gone to date.

I guess I am looking at the worst case scenario....your ship is scheduled to arrive at 9 am...hopefully there are no delays disembarking (customs or the no show passengers who have to clear immigration on the ship OR there is no surprise Coast Guard inspection or anything else that can delay our disembarkation) and there are no traffic delays. I have had all three of those happen to me with a 9 am scheduled disembarkation. I did make my flights, but the stress was a killer! I made two of those flights by less than 5 minutes (and they were flights that were scheduled to leave around 1 pm.)

I guess I am looking at the worst case scenario....your ship is scheduled to arrive at 9 am...hopefully there are no delays disembarking (customs or the no show passengers who have to clear immigration on the ship OR there is no surprise Coast Guard inspection or anything else that can delay our disembarkation) and there are no traffic delays. I have had all three of those happen to me with a 9 am scheduled disembarkation. I did make my flights, but the stress was a killer! I made two of those flights by less than 5 minutes (and they were flights that were scheduled to leave around 1 pm.)

same money I can pick the 1:55 or 5 pm (no plane changes so gets in only 1 1/2 hours later.. but man that would be a long wait for the plane seems like to me).

so maybe change to the 1:55?

Archived