Lattitudes Party

Fam of 5

I've read about Lattitudes Parties on all NCL ships. How do you find out about it? Should this information have come with my doc's. Also who attends these? Will we get a chance to meet the Captain? Sorry so many questions..... Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

You will most likely have your invitation in your cabin when you arrive. If not, just go to the reception desk & I'm sure they'll be able to get one for you. Just make sure that NCL has you booked as a Latitude member on your reservation ;) The Captain & a few other officers attend the Latitudes parties, and of course all the other Latitude members onboard.:D

I've read about Lattitudes Parties on all NCL ships. How do you find out about it? Should this information have come with my doc's. Also who attends these? Will we get a chance to meet the Captain? Sorry so many questions..... Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

At some point during the early part of your cruise (maybe even when you arrive), a letter/invitation will arrive in your cabin inviting you to the lattitudes party if you are indeed a lattitudes member, and your correct lattitudes number is on your documents. Ordinarily you will also receive your lattitudes pins for the ship you are on. Check your docs to ensure that your correct lattitudes number is on them. If not, report to the lattitudes consultant aboard the ship upon your arrival and make sure you are added to the list.

Most of the ship's executive staff attends the lattitudes cocktail party, including the Captain. You will have the opportunity to meet all of them in the receiving line on your way in. Bring your invitation letter, as this is used for raffle prizes.

On our recent cruise on the Dream, we were sent an invitation at our cabin--as were all Latitudes members on the cruise. The party was held in the main show lounge, and there must have been 5-700 people there. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres were served. It was rather a mob scene, so we ducked out early. I think the Captain was to make an appearance, but doubt if he would have "met" everybody who was there.

You should find an invitation to the Latitudes Party in your cabin when you arrive or shortly thereafter. If we don't find it we go to the Guest Relations or Latitudes Rep and ask. There should also be pins of the ship you are sailing for each of the latitude members.

The party itself is a function of the ship. Some have been more elaborate than others. Some have the Captain speak while others have not.

There will normally be beverages and hors d'ovueres. I haven't seen non-alcoholic for the kids. But, then again, I wasn't looking for them :D

There is a drawing for prizes and recognition of the passenger(s) with the most NCL cruises. It's a fun event usually lasting less than an hour.

Charlie

Wow thanks for all the quick responses. I have checked my documents to make sure the correct Latitudes numbers are on them. So far so good. My DH is really excited to meet the Captain. He was in the Coast Guard for 11 years so this would be a real high point. Drinks and hors d'ouveres sound good too. I hope there's no mob scene. (5-700 people YIKES!) I guess we'll see in August.

Our Latitudes Party was in the Spinnakers Lounge on the Dawn. It was completely filled. They had a band playing upon entering. There was a line to shake the officers hands, but no time to stop and chat. They served drinks (rum punch, champagne and wine) and very limited hor doeurves, which were not very good. They introduced the officers, then they spoke about future cruise bookings. Then they raffled a painting (valued at $1000). The other prizes were some discounts at the Galleria. The party started at 1:15. We hadn't eaten lunch and left hungry. We also missed the martini clinic which started at 2. I wouldn't go again.

Just a side note on the drinks served. They will bring around the rum punch, wine and champagne...but you can order what ever you want alcoholic or not. It usually takes a little longer to get a drink, but you get exactly what you want.

That won't be a problem at all. They only give one invitation per cabin, no matter how many lattitudes members are in the cabin. Normally they will leave 2 lattitudes pins in each cabin as well, so he can pretend.

Remember to bring along your invitation to get into the party, this also serves as your entrance into the raffles.

Go to the lattitudes party. If you are traveling with lattitudes members in another cabin, they are permitted to bring you as their guest. You don't have a separate invitation, therefore you are not entered in the lattitude drawings.

On the Dawn, our family group of 10 took an area. The waiter served us whatever we wanted. Non-alcoholic drinks for the kids and me!

Then the bartender will put a sticker on your key card---entitling you to 20% off drinks in Spinnaker's for the reminder of the cruise.:)

Archived