Celebrity Suite on the Summit

Signet

Thank goodness they did add balconies to the CS on M class ships. I had a CS on Solstice and loved it. Our next cruise was on Millie, and I was going to book a CS, but thank God I looked at the pictures on the website first! (This was pre-solsticization of Millie). We decided the balcony was a deal-breaker, so actually ended up going up to Royal Suite on Millie. It was very nice, but a bit of unused space for us. The only big difference was the jetted tub in the bathroom and on the balcony and the dining area with dining room table in the suite. I only used the tub in the bathroom once, and the one on the balcony not at all. It looked dirty. It was really only rust, but I couldn't get over the dirty look of it, and I didn't want to get in it because of that. I'm funny about my tubs. They have to be totally, pristinely clean or I just cannot make myself get in it. We never dined en suite, so the dining room table was just a place for us to throw our junk. When we went back to S class for next cruise, we went back to the CS.

What were they even thinking, originally building premium suites with no balcony? So bizarre.

Different strokes for different folks!

We have only sailed in a M-class CS before the balcony was added and loved them. One of the best aspects was actually lost when they added the balconies! We would spend ages just sitting at the base of those windows watching the sea and flying fish.

But, "what were they even thinking", "building a premium suite without" a dining table on the S-class ships? "So bizarre"!. And don't get me started on having a bedroom from which you cannot exclude the light from the sitting room...

Sue

I have only stayed in a CS on the M Class prior to the balconies being added...and I didn't think the design was bizarre at all...in fact I loved the full length, bowed out windows, with an unobstructed forward and expansive outward view...and spent many hours kicked back in a chair, feet up, watching the west coast of the US, and then Alaska without wind, cold, rain etc...I thought the design was wonderful !!

Haven't had the opportunity to experience them since the balconies were added...but from the pictures I've seen, I don't like the opaque-panel glass partition that would appear to block the foreward/rearward

(depending on suite) view if you were inside the cabin.

Hopefully, I'll get to compare my impressions one day...soon !!:D

Woody

Totally agree. We had the balcony when we were in the CS in March, but the heat and humidity were so oppressive in Asia we rarely used it, choosing instead to take in the view from inside the suite. Luckily, the new balconies have very few, very slim panel supports, so the balcony barely obstructed the view from the windows.

Archived