Celebrity Suite on the Summit

Signet

I am a little confused here. Does the Celebrity Suite on the Summit have a Balcony? Some of the pictures show a balcony, some show a wall of glass. The description says an 85 sg ft veranda, but the picture does not show a veranda (just a wall of glass). So does it have a balcony or not? I can not tell, it seems to depend on where you look, some show balcony some show no balcony. I am sure someone on this site knows for sure. Thanks in advance.

I am a little confused here. Does the Celebrity Suite on the Summit have a Balcony? Some of the pictures show a balcony, some show a wall of glass. The description says an 85 sg ft veranda, but the picture does not show a veranda (just a wall of glass). So does it have a balcony or not? I can not tell, it seems to depend on where you look, some show balcony some show no balcony. I am sure someone on this site knows for sure. Thanks in advance.

They seem to have updated floor plans on website, but the photos are from whenever they did initial photoshoots at the ships launching.

During solsticization, verandas were added, but current older web photos don't show them.

I have a CS on Summit in March, and verified this with my TA.

Ok thank you... Now I will look into booking the suite. I do not want a suite without a balcony. Where would I have my morning coffee, and afternoon nap?

I don't know if the balcony has a lounge chair on it or not, not clear what furniture is there. I think its a relatively small balcony, and then it's round shaped too, so a lounger may not fit......in case this is important to the nap!

Wonder if anyone can confirm the furniture on veranda on Millenium class ships Celebrity Suites....

Hmmm...good point!! Anyone know if the balcony furniture contains a lounger? When I'm on vacation, I want to be on vacation. This means doing everything, or nothing. Nothing includes napping in the afternoon :)

We were in a CS on Milennium in March, and the balcony did not have lounge chairs, but rather two regular reclining chairs, each with footstools, and a small table. This is the same furniture we had in our CC cabins on both the Solstice and the Eclipse. The chair and footstool together act like a lounge chair, but you have the option of moving the footstool off to the side, which was helpful on the narrow CS balcony.

Do look at the location of the bedroom. We were in one of these suites, and the head of the bed is against an outside wall, and there was a lot of noise at night in the hall.

Maybe we were lucky, but we didn't hear a thing. In fact, with the bedroom being internal we found it extremely quiet, so much so that we missed the horns, whistles, bands and fire boats that greeted us when we were in the first ship to arrive at the new Terminal in Hong Kong Harbour. We slept through the whole thing!

Ok next question..in looking at the drawing they have for the Royal suite (still on the Summit) they show what looks to be a hot tub on the balcony. Nothing is mentioned of a hot tub in the description of the room. Does anyone know if there is a hot tub on the balcony in the Royal suite on the Summit? Thanks again all

Ok next question..in looking at the drawing they have for the Royal suite (still on the Summit) they show what looks to be a hot tub on the balcony. Nothing is mentioned of a hot tub in the description of the room. Does anyone know if there is a hot tub on the balcony in the Royal suite on the Summit? Thanks again all

Here's a "YouTube" video of Summit Royal Suite....shows the tub on the balcony...enjoy !

Woody

It's called a "hot tub" but really is nothing more then a jetted tub, outside on your balcony. Room for really only one person.

We were in a RS last year to Bermuda and my husband made good use of it in the late evenings, I never once went in.

We again are in the same suite next weekend, and I don't expect to use it, but my DH cant wait.

It is mentioned as an amenity for RS and PH in the Suite descriptions, but I believe its at the bottom of the page.

It isn't big enough for two unless very small people but it's not standard tub shape either....my DH loved it too....I tried it a couple of times...and it IS pretty neat late at night when out on the open seas....enjoy!!:D

We were in a Celebrity Suite since the renovation. The answer is yes! They modified some cabins and added balconies to the Celebrity Suite. We loved the suite and our butler.

Enjoy your cruise

Do look at the location of the bedroom. We were in one of these suites, and the head of the bed is against an outside wall, and there was a lot of noise at night in the hall.

We also didn't hear any noise and loved the location. Perhaps you had a noisy crowd.

Wonder if anyone can confirm the furniture on veranda on Millenium class ships Celebrity Suites....

I haven't been lucky enough to stay in a Celebrity suite but here is a picture taken from Celebrity's facebook page showing the new verandas with furniture.

You can scroll through to see other pics.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638699805879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=3&theater

Thank goodness they did add balconies to the CS on M class ships. I had a CS on Solstice and loved it. Our next cruise was on Millie, and I was going to book a CS, but thank God I looked at the pictures on the website first! (This was pre-solsticization of Millie). We decided the balcony was a deal-breaker, so actually ended up going up to Royal Suite on Millie. It was very nice, but a bit of unused space for us. The only big difference was the jetted tub in the bathroom and on the balcony and the dining area with dining room table in the suite. I only used the tub in the bathroom once, and the one on the balcony not at all. It looked dirty. It was really only rust, but I couldn't get over the dirty look of it, and I didn't want to get in it because of that. I'm funny about my tubs. They have to be totally, pristinely clean or I just cannot make myself get in it. We never dined en suite, so the dining room table was just a place for us to throw our junk. When we went back to S class for next cruise, we went back to the CS.

What were they even thinking, originally building premium suites with no balcony? So bizarre.

What were they even thinking, originally building premium suites with no balcony? So bizarre.

I have only stayed in a CS on the M Class prior to the balconies being added...and I didn't think the design was bizarre at all...in fact I loved the full length, bowed out windows, with an unobstructed forward and expansive outward view...and spent many hours kicked back in a chair, feet up, watching the west coast of the US, and then Alaska without wind, cold, rain etc...I thought the design was wonderful !!

Haven't had the opportunity to experience them since the balconies were added...but from the pictures I've seen, I don't like the opaque-panel glass partition that would appear to block the foreward/rearward

(depending on suite) view if you were inside the cabin.

Hopefully, I'll get to compare my impressions one day...soon !!:D

Woody

I have only stayed in a CS on the M Class prior to the balconies being added...and I didn't think the design was bizarre at all...in fact I loved the full length, bowed out windows, with an unobstructed forward and expansive outward view...and spent many hours kicked back in a chair, feet up, watching the west coast of the US, and then Alaska without wind, cold, rain etc...I thought the design was wonderful !!

Haven't had the opportunity to experience them since the balconies were added...but from the pictures I've seen, I don't like the opaque-panel glass partition that would appear to block the foreward/rearward

Woody

OK, I could see how it would be nice in Alaska. I have only done Caribbean, and I make frequent, daily use of my balcony. I loathe the deck pool scene. :)

I haven't been lucky enough to stay in a Celebrity suite but here is a picture taken from Celebrity's facebook page showing the new verandas with furniture.

You can scroll through to see other pics.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638699805879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=3&theater

Hmmm, better than no balcony, but they are kind of narrow, and I don't like the plain standard balcony furniture. S Class CS and M class RS and above are much, much nicer. I think if I were ever to cruise M class again, which I likely will not, I would have to spring for the RS again. :(

OK, I could see how it would be nice in Alaska. I have only done Caribbean, and I make frequent, daily use of my balcony. I loathe the deck pool scene. :)

Yep, it was especially nice for the first of the season (May) cruise from Long Beach to Alaska...:)...and although the weather was great, it was still chilly/windy at times...so the "inside" view, with a latte/margarita/aperitif/cognac in hand, made for a great way to enjoy the CS !!:D

Woody

Thank goodness they did add balconies to the CS on M class ships. I had a CS on Solstice and loved it. Our next cruise was on Millie, and I was going to book a CS, but thank God I looked at the pictures on the website first! (This was pre-solsticization of Millie). We decided the balcony was a deal-breaker, so actually ended up going up to Royal Suite on Millie. It was very nice, but a bit of unused space for us. The only big difference was the jetted tub in the bathroom and on the balcony and the dining area with dining room table in the suite. I only used the tub in the bathroom once, and the one on the balcony not at all. It looked dirty. It was really only rust, but I couldn't get over the dirty look of it, and I didn't want to get in it because of that. I'm funny about my tubs. They have to be totally, pristinely clean or I just cannot make myself get in it. We never dined en suite, so the dining room table was just a place for us to throw our junk. When we went back to S class for next cruise, we went back to the CS.

We loved the new CS on the Summit. The RS is so much more money. IMO not worth it for us as we typically take three or more cruises a year and would have to give one up. I had a non window suite on a Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess and loved it also.

Woody

I agree completely with you, the CS on the "M" class are wonderful suites, they are also nice on the "S" class, and certainly the balcony is bigger on the "S" class but we LOVED the "M" class and don't agree that there is anything bizarre about the CS on "M" class. The floor to ceiling windows make for wonderful views ALL the time, even in rainy, cold weather and I've not read anything from anyone complaining about the partition blocking the view anymore than any other cabins partition from the next cabin does since the addition of the balcony. Of course if one is lucky enough to cruise in any CS on any ship it's all good!!!!:D

We loved the new CS on the Summit. The RS is so much more money. IMO not worth it for us as we typically take three or more cruises a year and would have to give one up. I had a non window suite on a Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess and loved it also.

Agree! We were in a CS-prior to the balconies being added and also were lucky enough to be in a RS on Summit. The only thing lacking in the CS was the balcony and now since that is there we would opt for the CS everytime for the reason you stated, price, and because we found the location of the CS better than that of the RS!

And I have a super-demanding job that doesn't allow me the time off to cruise more than once a year, and only a 7 day cruise tops, at that! So when I go, I go all out. Different strokes! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived