How Much $$ for Martini Tastings???

seabird1122

I have not participated in any of the "Tasting" events before, but am considering it for my 6/09 Breakaway cruise.

I was wondering what the cost was, and if it is the same whether it was for the Martini or the Beer, etc?

Thanks!:)

Martini and Margarita tastings are usually in the $15 to $17 range. You usually get 4 servings (full) and once they served 5. (Margarita) The only beer I drink is Guinness so I can't comment on that. I usually tip them additional and leave a full $20. It's the best drink deal on the ship.

Martini and Margarita tastings are usually in the $15 to $17 range. You usually get 4 servings (full) and once they served 5. (Margarita) The only beer I drink is Guinness so I can't comment on that. I usually tip them additional and leave a full $20. It's the best drink deal on the ship.

Thanks. Seems like a good deal :D

The martini tastings on the 5/24 Breakaway cruise were $15 (5 mini martinis), I think the same price for the beer tastings.

Great.....and it's good they're 'Mini's', 'cause 5 martini's could prove quite an adventure :p

But are the Beers Mini too?? 5 regular beers I could probably handle :rolleyes:;)

Even 4 mini martinis are a little too much at 4PM; especially since you are served 4 (or 5) in less than an hour. So, DH and I share and we both enjoy. :p

Ooooh, they let you share??? Didn't think they would. That would be even better :)

Thanks. Seems like a good deal :D

It is. I've never had minis but perhaps that's the way they are doing it on the Breakaway now. Last month on the Epic I had all 4 in about 30 minutes (I was late and a friend saved them) I went to sleep and was out for hours! lol

It is. I've never had minis but perhaps that's the way they are doing it on the Breakaway now. Last month on the Epic I had all 4 in about 30 minutes (I was late and a friend saved them) I went to sleep and was out for hours! lol

Ummm, I can sympathize:eek: We had 4 'tastings' (they seemed full size to me) plus a draw for one more - I won it. LOL!!!

OP, tastings are one of the best values on the ship, imho. Have fun!

Ooooh, they let you share??? Didn't think they would. That would be even better :)

$15 on the Pearl for 5 martinis in March. Yes, we shared. It was way too much for the wife, we could not have handled 2. Learned a lot on the way as well! Did both martini tastings on the 7 day cruise.

Anyone know what kind of beer they give you?

Seabird1122, if you do any tastings can you let me know what they had? Thanks!

Certainly......unless I enjoy it so much, my memory becomes impaired :D:p

When are you sailing?

Ummm, I can sympathize:eek: We had 4 'tastings' (they seemed full size to me) plus a draw for one more - I won it. LOL!!!

Thanks!! I plan on it :D

I thought it was $20 when I was on the Jade in January. Not that I would've remembered. I went to the creamy martini tasting. We had about 4 minis and then at the end we had a full size of our choice. I usually drink wine and didn't realize martinis were so strong. I definitely needed a nana nap after that. If you look on some of the freestyle dailies that have recently been posted they will have the price there.

We always do the Margarita tastings and often the Martinis. So far, it has always been $15. They are so much fun, we always look forward to them, one of the first things I look for on the dailies, lol!

We have been on 2 different ships and went to each of the martini tastings. We had smaller sized servings on the Jewel, versus the Dawn had larger sized martinis. Still not full size BUT pretty close. The bartenders ask trivia questions and give info about the different martinis. It is really a fun time to meet other guests and allows for some great conversations as everyone suddenly become more friendly as the tasting goes on ;););).

You must have had a great sleep too! lol :D ITA on the bolded. They're really a good bang for the buck.

The tastings are a ton of fun and a pretty good value at $15. We didn't know you could share when we did the back to back martini and tequila tastings on the Sun last year :eek:. DH fared far better than I did with that one. LOL. Now that we know we can share, we're golden. We even shared on the Pub Crawl on POA. Go for it - its tons of fun!

On the Star TA there 4 tastings and we attended three. We shared for two, but I wanted my own on the last one (and I don't like Martinis! :D ). Cost was $15 per tasting and drinks were either full size or close to (full sized glasses, filled about 2/3rds full, and since I don't drink Martinis I don't know if they are supposed to come that way or not).

It was $15 on the Jewel in March.

This is how we shared.

We each bought the tasting

I drank all my martinis and two that DH didn't like. Also won a free "shot" for correctly answering a trivia question.

Yep, nap time.

I did NOT know you could share. That is a much better idea. :rolleyes:

We have been on 2 different ships and went to each of the martini tastings. We had smaller sized servings on the Jewel, versus the Dawn had larger sized martinis. Still not full size BUT pretty close. The bartenders ask trivia questions and give info about the different martinis. It is really a fun time to meet other guests and allows for some great conversations as everyone suddenly become more friendly as the tasting goes on ;););).

Sounds like a blast.And I'm SURE the friendliness level goes way up :D

Can't imagine why I've not tried them before. But I think I'll be a pro after this cruise ;)

Thanks to everyone for your responses. It's why CC members are the BEST. Always ready to help with knowledgeable advice :)

Hands down my husband's favorite thing about cruising! Took our first NCL cruise this spring on the Jewel and already booked the Gem for next Spring! Thanks to CC we knew we could share, it is quite a bit of alcohol @ 4pm, especially after sitting in the glorious sun for a few hours beforehand:-) DH wanted to book a 9 day next time because more days @ sea= more tastings! It was so fun, we went twice and just had a blast with all of the "happy" people! Bartenders were great, 15 plus tip was a bargain too:-) Jamie, who now has to wait 300 days to cruise again!!:)

We sail on July 14th.

Do you need reservations for the tastings? Sharing sounds good, I hope you can share on Breakaway thou I'm sure my hubby would rather have his own. I'll be sleeping through dinner, lol.

Archived