Advice needed on Guarantee Room Assignment

Hi all! We are booked on the Enchantment of the Seas to New England/Canada in July. We booked an outside guarantee. I just went online and found that RCCL has assigned our cabin. They gave us the bottom of the ship and almost as far forward as you can get without being in the anchor hole. I know that we booked a guarantee and have no right to complain but we are Crown and Anchor members (gold - 4th cruise with RCCL) and although I didn't expect a JR suite or balcony, I did expect a little higher in the ship. I've checked at expedia and the ship is far from full in almost all categories.

My question to ya'll is:

1. is there anyway that RCCL may upgrade us a deck or two on their own if the ship is not filled even though online they have assigned us a cabin and therefore, I should just leave it alone?

2. Should I call the Crown and Anchor number and complain?

3. Should I wait until we get our documents?

4. Or should I wait until we get to the pier and talk to someone there?

I've never booked a guarantee before and this may be my last time doing it. We've just gotten over the death of my husband's dear, dear, father and we just had to get away. Being an unplanned trip our funds were a little low at this time, thus the savings on the guarantee. I just thought that being a crown and anchor member would have meant something when a ship was not full. Shows you what I know. It was almost as if they went out of their way to assign us the worst location!

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

I am not a fan of guarantee cabins. You usually get what you pay for, and the worst of the guarantee class, but hope springs eternal! ;)

I don't know what your options are, but if you cabin has been assigned to a particular class your TA might be able to move it to another cabin in that class? But I do not know if this is possible or not. Good luck.:confused:

jc

The last time I booked a GTY the same thing happened to me and I'm a diamond member. I called to see if anything could be doen and was told "It's just the risk you run booking a GTY". We kept what they gace us and enjoyed the cruise.

You can always pay more money to move to the catagory and location you want.

The last time I booked a GTY the same thing happened to me and I'm a diamond member. I called to see if anything could be doen and was told "It's just the risk you run booking a GTY". We kept what they gace us and enjoyed the cruise.

You can always pay more money to move to the catagory and location you want.

Thanks for the quick replies. That's the answers that I thought I was gonna get. But I wanted to hear from the experts anyway. I thought that ya'll might have some trick of the trade for me. Oh well, I will just call it a lesson learned, take my meclyazine and have a good time anyway! :)

Thanks for the quick replies. That's the answers that I thought I was gonna get. But I wanted to hear from the experts anyway. I thought that ya'll might have some trick of the trade for me. Oh well, I will just call it a lesson learned, take my meclyazine and have a good time anyway! :)

meclyazine, bonine is good stuff! A little tip if you visit the pursers desk and tell them you would like something to keep from getting sea sick they will give you some for free. Since it isn't free at the stores here, that is a nice little perk. ;)

jc

:) I think you should at least give it a try. What's the worst that can happen. You're already in what you think is the worst spot. Call whomever you booked with (RCCL or TA) and ask if a change could possibly be made, in the same catagory. That's what I did, and wasn't dissappointed! Go for it!!! Best of luck! :)

meclyazine, bonine is good stuff! A little tip if you visit the pursers desk and tell them you would like something to keep from getting sea sick they will give you some for free. Since it isn't free at the stores here, that is a nice little perk. ;)

jc

Thanks for the tip. I work in the medical field and I always get my meclyazine through a perscription. Very, very, very dirt cheap. It is the same drug as Bonine but your not paying for the packaging and advertisement.

:) I think you should at least give it a try. What's the worst that can happen. You're already in what you think is the worst spot. Call whomever you booked with (RCCL or TA) and ask if a change could possibly be made, in the same catagory. That's what I did, and wasn't dissappointed! Go for it!!! Best of luck! :)

I just didn't know if I should leave well enough alone and see if they change us on their own or if I should, pardon the expression, rock the boat!

I just didn't know if I should leave well enough alone and see if they change us on their own or if I should, pardon the expression, rock the boat!

You already have the worst cabin, so what is rocking the boat going to hurt? Go for it, Rock the boat baby! :D

jc

mylisa - we had the same thing happen to us on our May Mariner cruise. We booked a guarantee D balcony, and ended up in a D on deck 7 which was an adjoining room. We've had previous experience with adjoining rooms, and found them noisy, so I checked the RCI website and found a D on deck 10 was available. I was able to change to that cabin. If you booked thru a TA, have the TA change the cabin to another of the same category. If you check the RCI website, pick an available cabin in the same category and ask the TA to change it. If you booked directly, call reservations with your booking number and ask to change it. You can also ask to be put back in a GTY status and take your chances. I don't think it matters what level Crown and Anchor member you are.

Archived