Anyone need to lose more than 30 lbs??

Hi all!

It seems that everyone on these boards only need to lose 20 lbs or so.

Well, I just had my precious baby boy 10 weeks ago (he was a whopping 9 lbs 9 oz at birth), and now have 20 lbs of "baby" fat to lose...plus an additional 30 pounds after that. Right now I am breastfeeding so I can't do anything too drastic....

My cruise is in 6 months, so I'm thinking 50 lbs is a little too hefty of a goal....but you never know, right??

I am reading the Dr. Phil book, but haven't gotten a chance to finish it yet...

Anyone else need to lose this much weight or am I the only big porker around here??

Laura

Going on My First cruise!!

Voyager of the Seas Oct.30

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the "Losers" board...where everyone WANTS to be a loser...me included! Believe me, at one time, I needed to lose just over 35 lbs. but after some motivation and sticking to my plan, I am now only 5 from my goal. It has been slow and steady. That was the first goal I set when I wasn't sure if I could do it at all. Now that I am close, I've decide to try to maintain for a while then then set a new goal of 10 more (maybe I am dreaming but I can try).

So I say start and go for it!! Read, research, use your common sense to pick the right plan for you, and use and abuse us here on this wonderful board for motivation, ideas, advice, and help if you need/want it. The ladies and men here are very supportive and it is definitely MY support group.

I also know that there are some posters on this board who want to lose quite a bit.

Have a great day, and like I said...go for it!

Mary Ann icon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

"The Big Red Boat" 10/87

Royal Majesty 5/97

Sea Princess 3/01

Carnival Triumph 1/02

Carnival Sensation 10/02

Carnival Triumph 5/04

The good news is that you are breast feeding your baby. This alone helps alot in getting SOME of the weight off. I think if you plan a sensible diet and get all the nutrients you and your baby will need you should be able to get some of it off.

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

Well breastfeeding has helped to get the first 27 lbs off....but there's a lot to go. Problem is, I am HUNGRY all the time with breastfeeding...constantly crave sweets and such.

Thanks for the support...I will be back here often.

So, does everyone weigh-in on Thursdays??

Laura

I've lost almost 30 since Jan. 1 and still have about 55 to go.

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000

RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001

Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002

Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003

Norwegian Star to Alaska 6/26/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

i make you all look like skinny minnie's!!! when i started i needed to lose 221 pounds...that is more than you weigh!!! you can do it, but PLEASE talk to your doctors first, possibly get a referal for a nutritionist...your baby comes first, which you obviously know seeing as you are breastfeeding...i really think a nutritionist is your best bet. your insurance may pay for it. check and see.

39 down, 182 to go

gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.....hurry december!!!

kim

scandanavian cruise line 1987

cape canaviral - 1995

carnival jubilee - sept 2002

CARIVAL VALOR - DEC 26, 2004 (2ND VOYAGE FOR HER)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  days to go!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Kim, you are down some more, aren't you?...go girl...I was thinking of you when I wrote my reply...I thought I would see you posting here to Laura.

Laura, I LOVED breastfeeding my son...and my weight came off easier but I have to agree I was hungry alot. Stick around and hang with us.

Mary Ann icon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

"The Big Red Boat" 10/87

Royal Majesty 5/97

Sea Princess 3/01

Carnival Triumph 1/02

Carnival Sensation 10/02

Carnival Triumph 5/04

Yes, weigh in is on Thursdays.

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

"The Big Red Boat" 10/87

Royal Majesty 5/97

Sea Princess 3/01

Carnival Triumph 1/02

Carnival Sensation 10/02

Carnival Triumph 5/04

yes, i am , mary ann, thanks for noticing. i stalled for a week or so, but am back at it. i think it was the new job, lots of sore muscles which, of course means retained water, but now it is coming off, so i am excited. the only problem is that friday, my girls' school is having a mom's day brunch...menu: pb&j cressants, veggies and dip, cake and cookies. the kids helped make it all and will be serving, so i guess i will be going off...how do you say to a 4 yo, "yes, i know you made it, but mommy is fat and can't eat this stuff"?? so i am on strict induction for the next couple of days, so hopefully friday won't hurt too bad!

39 down, 182 to go

gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.....hurry december!!!

kim

scandanavian cruise line 1987

cape canaviral - 1995

carnival jubilee - sept 2002

CARIVAL VALOR - DEC 26, 2004 (2ND VOYAGE FOR HER)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  days to go!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Welcome, Laura. This is a great group for support. I have lost about 37.5 lbs and have about 40 to go. At 53, the weight is harder to lose even though I have the motivation. Keep us posted. We are a great group. Good luck!!

Jacki

Sovereign July 2000

Sovereign August 2000

Imagination July 2001

Sovereign August 2001

Paradies June 2002

Pride August 2002

Sensation March 2003

Enchantment May 2003

Sovereign October 2003

Sensation January 2004

Mariner May 2004

Welcome Laura and congratulations on your new baby boy. Being a new mother is challenging and stressful, but full of rewards, as we all know. Be sure to get enough sleep and drink plenty of water each day. When you are craving sweets, have a few fresh fruits all ready cut up in the refrigerator and snack on those. Strawberries, grapes, canteloupe slices, kiwi, etc. You get the idea. Again congrats!! Cathy

bandc.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;06;27;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until our **STAR** search

Seattle to Alaska on NCL Star

June 27, 2004

Fantasy 12/25/03

Inspiration 4/13/03

NCL Majesty 12/27/02

Jubilee 3/23/02

Norwegian Sea 11/23/01

Wow...I never expected to get so many responses....

Right now when I crave sweets I head for some Heavenly Hash ice cream!! LOL....thanks for the advice and getting some fresh fruit ready and cut up. Right now I feel like some pineapple...mmmm......

The water is not a problem because I am drinking a TON because I am always thirsty, and I never liked anything other than water, weird, huh??

Now, is there a support group for getting rid of these yucky stretch marks?? icon_smile.gif

Laura

Oh yeah...and I just wanted to say that you women are AMAZING for losing all that weight!!

When I met my husband I was pretty chunky (about 170, 5'7"), and I always wanted him to see the "thin" me other than in pictures.....but if I could get down to 170 now it would be amazing!!

Laura

I could probably stand to lose 25 lbs, but I realize that even 10 is going to be a challenge. You see, I'm not the most disciplined person on earth. It doesn't take a lot to knock me off that path. The trick is to keep getting back on. icon_wink.gif

Welcome to our group and congratulations on the new family.

Beth

Hi Laura and congrates on your "little" guy. We do nine and ten pounders tooicon_smile.gif I breast fed all three of my girls but, was never able to lose.

I had over 100 pounds to lose 1/1/03. I went on Atkins and have lost 75 to date. Still need to lose at least 25 more. We weigh in on thursdays. Just up, down, stay the same, you don't have to give numbers. You may have thought more of us were "small time" losers because we set up pledges for smaller amounts. Seems easier to lose ten or fifteen in a couple months then look at the whole 50, 100 or moreicon_smile.gif

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

Hi Laura, Welcome and congratulations! I am still hanging onto my babyfat also except my baby is 28 icon_eek.gif Started at 226 5 weeks ago and am down 19.5 so far. Take it a day at a time. You'll enjoy hanging with us and we'll see you at the Thur weighins... Sue

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;09;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade of the Seas Hubbard Glacier Cruise

Hi and congrats on your new little man! icon_smile.gif

I've lost 15 since the end of January and need to drop another 40 or so.

1st Cruise - 10th Anniversary - Fantasy 8/8/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;8;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Congrats! to all the losers here!

Congrats Laura on your new bundle of joy!

I started low carb in October. By April 1st, I weighed in 56lbs lighter. That is 11 5lb bags of sugar do you realize that?? But I not only did low carb, I also walked 12hrs/week on the treadmill at 4.2miles per hour. Exercise has always been an important factor in my weight loss so I get up early to do it. April 5th, I fell & broke my L ankle in 2 places still low carbing which has kept me from gaining more than 5 lbs but not able to exercise yet. I have 25lbs( 5 5lb bags of sugar) to go till I reach my goal weight of 135lbs but now that will have to wait. Cant wait till next Tues to see if I get an air cast so I can walk on 2 legs again!

Laura-Tips I found that worked for me while breastfeeding each of my 3 babies which the last was weaned September 2001!

Drink 150oz of water per day!

I eat 5-6 small meals a day, sometimes was found eating while breastfeeding! icon_biggrin.gif

If exercising while breastfeeding, always exercise right after a feeding b/c if you exercise close to a feeding you are producing lactic acid which changes the taste of the milk & may keep baby from nursing.

I snacked on peanuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, string cheese, & hard boiled eggs but then I low carb. icon_wink.gif

I still do all the above but the exercise thing I now do right out of bed in the morning b/c nobody to be breastfed! icon_biggrin.gif

GO GIRLIE GIRLS!!! We can all be losers!!

I love this board not only for cruise advice & support, but fashions, weight loss, etc......

Oh so much to read!!! icon_biggrin.gif

First time cruisin!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Carnival Fascination 5/21/04 Bahamas

cruisincantwait...

Thanks so much for the advice. I think due to many issues (including two bouts of mastitis), I will be weaning Joshua very soon. Not something I wanted to do so early, but something I feel I have to do.

I just got back from going to my first "girls night" since having the baby....went to a movie and ate popcorn AND chocolate! BAD! BAD! Not a good start....

Laura

My Baby Boy

josh_hood3.jpg

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10/30/04 Voyager of the Seas - My First Cruise!

Laura!

What a cutie!!!

Dont worry if you have to wean him early! Any amount of breastfeeding done is better than none! You gave him a GREAT start!!

I totally understand though, I had mastitis with baby #3 plus worked as visiting nurse. I was the woman sitting in every cemetary and church to be found pumping b/tw patients! LOL!!!

Good Luck with baby & losing!!

First time cruisin!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Carnival Fascination 5/21/04 Bahamas

Thanks...I think he's pretty cute, but I am a bit biast icon_smile.gif

Today we are bringing out my Mom for Mother's Day...then tomorrow bringing Hubby's Mom out...how will I survive?? not sure....

Isn't it weird that it's my first Mother's Day and neither my Mom or my Mother-In-Law asked what I was doing for MY first mother's day? They are all concerned about theirs. I just thought they would have said forget about this year, celebrate your new motherhood. Didn't happen....oh well icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Laura

My Baby Boy

josh_hood3.jpg

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10/30/04 Voyager of the Seas - My First Cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

LauralLap was just woundering how you were doing with your weight loss. How did the breastfeeding work out?

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

Laura, I had 60 pounds to lose when I started 17 months ago. It is slow going. I have lost 39 so far. I am 4'11", so 60 pounds is a lot of fat! I have had a lot of ups and downs, several business trips, two cruises (I am not complaining!), many health problems and family crisis', several long plateaus, but at least I am down in the overall. Many here seem to lose it fast; I am much slower, but hopefully I will keep it off this time. I have had a lifetime of dieting. Now I am looking at it as a lifestyle change. Enough from me. Just love that baby (mine are 32, 29, & 26) and yes, I had multiple breast infections, and take care of yourself. Love from Suzy

Hi Lauralap and everyone else,

I just started 2 1/2 weeks ago and have 50 lbs to lose. I am down 9 lbs so far, a lot of my weight so far was water weight I am sure, so now is the hard going! LOL icon_confused.gif

What are you all planning to do on the boat? I hope to be able to control myself enough so that I don't gain any, but the food is always so good!

Well, good luck to everyone!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until I'm Cruisin'!! icon_smile.gif

Archived